Hattiesburg Hang-Out

I really enjoyed Pioneer in SA, they were full of energy and had a nice little show designed to their difficulty. :smile:

(Let's keep the positives going! :D)

I actually like how they shrink the field with the backdrop...for their size it fits well...and I am not a lover of props at all...but I think it works for them really well...

I actually like how they shrink the field with the backdrop...for their size it fits well...and I am not a lover of props at all...but I think it works for them really well...

Yeah, with their size having a huge field that they probably wouldn't use but 50% of it would look really awkward. They do their job nicely. The field almost turns into a stage type setting. I dunno, I think they're pretty nifty.

Edited by DrumManTx

nvm...lol

Edited by Liahona

To all the snare drummers out there...I was just looking at Pioneer's pic more carefully ..I see they have 10 snares...Have any of you played in a line that big?...and is there a reason that we don't have larger snare lines?...picture just got me curious...

Do you see any tenors? Are some of the "snares" really single tenor drums?

They are not single tenors, but they are marching 10 snares. However, they are not using tenor drums this year. It was a decision Adam Hill made in the off season. The tenor drum voice is very difficult with finals in the dome and this was a way they are trying to battle it.

Do you see any tenors? Are some of the "snares" really single tenor drums?

nvm

SGEh5.jpg

Mandarins!

nvm

They Stole BKs Scottish Sling Drums..... Hahahaha