I'm tired of the Blue Devils hating...

I see what you did there.... shutup.gif

Chatty's a good guy... consumed by the moment and perhaps a consumable :tongue: . This vitriol last night, by others, was overdue toward BD (dormant because they appeared not to be a threat this year)...but just goes to prove that their show is less the object of the angst, then their placement. And BTW, it's perfectly fine to be ###### about outcomes, but the frantic search for explanations has become destructive and thoughtless, and vocal reactions in the stands is just bad for everyone (mostly the reactor)!

• Like 1

Why do some people think that everyone has a general dislike of BD? I don't know where they get that from. Outside of kicking our butts many times I've never had anything against them. If it weren't for BD I would never even have heard of Chuck Mangione. The only problem they have is that they're extremely good at what they do, and when you're number one you're the one to beat. If I were them I would feel proud that some other people "hated" me.

You should have seen Twitter last night. I was tweeting and monitoring it from the Dome. There was a lot more of the "I hope BD doesn't win" sentiment than there was for other corps. I get it. Winners get a lot of hate. See the Yankees, the Dallas Cowboys, etc. It's just party of the territory. You go to the shows and you see far more Cavies shirts and hats than most other corps but for the life of me I fail to see what is so great about their shows year in and year out (aside from usually being clean and they do have cool drill at many points) to warrant all the love.

I just had an exchange with a guy on Twitter saying the same things about difficulty and such. Fine. I love BD, I don't apologize for it and I am enjoying them riding this wave. Cadets may still well beat them - I think Cavies have peaked but I could be wrong - and if they do, because they have a really good and entertaining show, I can live with that. The last two years, the run up to Finals was sort of a coronation for BD with only a little drama and suspense. I hate that they are not undefeated this year, but, combined with a show I really love, I am enjoying this year so much more because when I saw them in the theater I said "No threepeat" and the wave they are riding now has been a lot of fun and so much more exciting then most things in 09 and 10.

GO DEVS!! 15!!

I get it. Winners get a lot of hate. See the Yankees, the Dallas Cowboys, etc.

What Cowboys team have you been watching?

• Like 1

I thought it was kind of amusing - are you saying their props DONT remind you of tinkertoys?? (Took me a while to get it actually, but i havent seen the show since the TOC broadcast...)

To answer your question directly, I hadn't really thought of the props in that way, but can see how some might make that connection.

My post was in response to how the original post was offered. I didn't take it as a joke - no smiley or surrounding context to indicate it was meant as such.

If it was meant to say "BD's props remind me of tinker toys, and I don't really care for them much" then that could have, and should have been said directly as such. Instead, the post is specifically worded in the form of an insult to the "kids". With over fifty years of watching drum corps, I have no problems with spirited opinions and criticisms of shows by fans, but when the comments cross over the line into direct insult to the MMs, be they BDs, Cadets, Cavies, Troopers, or Pioneers, I feel compelled to call out the poster.

If the original poster truly did not mean the comment as any form of insult, fine. I hope he'll make it clear and think a bit more about how he says things in the future. If it was meant to be a snub, well then, again I say classless and shame.

To answer your question directly, I hadn't really thought of the props in that way, but can see how some might make that connection.

My post was in response to how the original post was offered. I didn't take it as a joke - no smiley or surrounding context to indicate it was meant as such.

If it was meant to say "BD's props remind me of tinker toys, and I don't really care for them much" then that could have, and should have been said directly as such. Instead, the post is specifically worded in the form of an insult to the "kids". With over fifty years of watching drum corps, I have no problems with spirited opinions and criticisms of shows by fans, but when the comments cross over the line into direct insult to the MMs, be they BDs, Cadets, Cavies, Troopers, or Pioneers, I feel compelled to call out the poster.

If the original poster truly did not mean the comment as any form of insult, fine. I hope he'll make it clear and think a bit more about how he says things in the future. If it was meant to be a snub, well then, again I say classless and shame.

As an avid tinkertoy lover as a child, i cant really tell how else it could have been meant. To be fair, i didn't read the whole thread, so maybe there was an undertone i didn't get, but oh well. And to put it another way, if i was having an argument about the maturity of the members in the Cadets, and someone said "yeah, well mature performers wouldn't throw their trumpets into the ground like little brats when they lost", i would find it pretty amusing....

I have a quick question? Because I hear a lot of people on DCP talking about how the only reason BD is in first is because of poloticis. So if it's politics for BD winning so much these past couple years, what was it when the Cav's were winning so much between 2000 and 2006?

Politics! thumbup.giftongue.gifph34r.gif

The Cavies won between 2000 and 2007 because of politics.

That's what you were implying, right? lookaround.gif

Come on, watch "Strictly Ballroom" and feel the rhythm. The answers are ALL in that movie!

If by politics you mean that the judges have decided to reward a particular type of show design over certain others, then yes. This is not a conspiracy, or any other shady business, nor is it a news flash to anyone. Now, we can (and will) argue all day over what the judges should reward, but i wouldn't really call it politics...