I'm tired of the Blue Devils hating...

:blink:

I would LOVE to see you go march my Spin Cycle drill.. Just for kicks. And we will see just how little we played.

Lol....i love that show, and I would love the chance to march it (with my 18 year old body of course)...its pretty well documented, but the only person that would remember me talking about it would have been a bari player named Jay i think that used to post on here. And i'm not quite sure why or if you were taking me seriously...i put the 'never' and 'always' in quotes for a reason, and my entire post was about how i dont really believe in those stopwatch judgements and using them as justifications for blanket statements, but hey, misunderstandings happen!

You misread him. He put "never" in scare quotes because he doesn't agree with that argument directed at early 2000s Cavaliers.

oops...beat me to it. And to come completely clean, there were some 2000s cavies shows that kinda drove me nuts...but 2003 certainly was not one. If anything...it was too hard (there is a reason we beat them in pretty much every performance caption, but still came in 3rd)

Lol....i love that show, and I would love the chance to march it (with my 18 year old body of course)...its pretty well documented, but the only person that would remember me talking about it would have been a bari player named Jay i think that used to post on here. And i'm not quite sure why or if you were taking me seriously...i put the 'never' and 'always' in quotes for a reason, and my entire post was about how i dont really believe in those stopwatch judgements and using them as justifications for blanket statements, but hey, misunderstandings happen!

Lol sorry. i'm just sooo use to the cavalier slander on here, i was on auto-defense.:tongue:

My bad though

Edited by YogiBear

Word.

I'm obviously a BD homer and former member. I have no issue with people who don't care for BDs show and express that intelligently with reasonable points. My issue is many people obviously just don't like BD, yet they try to justify it with red herring points or nonsense. The "BD doesn't march drill" stuff is a prime example. It's people who don't like BD in general that usually say that. If you don't like BD fine, but just say that. I'm the first to admit that I don't like Phantom Regiment and its tough for me to be objective, but I don't bash them or try to come up with bs reasons to mask the fact that I just don't like them.

I'm obviously a BD homer and former member. I have no issue with people who don't care for BDs show and express that intelligently with reasonable points. My issue is many people obviously just don't like BD, yet they try to justify it with red herring points or nonsense. The "BD doesn't march drill" stuff is a prime example. It's people who don't like BD in general that usually say that. If you don't like BD fine, but just say that. I'm the first to admit that I don't like Phantom Regiment and its tough for me to be objective, but I don't bash them or try to come up with bs reasons to mask the fact that I just don't like them.

just out of mere curiosity

What is your reasons for not liking Phantom Regiment?

I would understand if its the Cavaliers because I see them as rivals, but I don't understand why anyone would not like a fan-favorite corp that puts out good shows year to year

My daughter marched in BD a few years ago and I asked her how she felt about negative crowd reactions after scores were announced etc... She said that the corps was prepared for being unpopular in certain parts of the country and that she did not let any negativity get to her. In fact, it just fueled the fire. She then remarked that she new what she was getting into when she decided to audition for BD.

I honestly believe that BD would get flack for winning no matter what show design they put on the field this year. Most drum corps fans are sick and tired of BD's domination. I do not remember Cadets getting the same hate in 86 when they had won three in a row, but there was no DCP so who knows.

The great thing about this year is we have so many great programs on the field, and unlike last year, BD is not so far ahead that they cannot be caught. Only time will tell.

And what if i honestly feel they dont march as much drill? They dont! If you mention the most common criticism of BD (the lack of drill) you cant be making a valid criticism, you must be a 'hater'? Bull.

I have no problem with the BD organization. I do have problems with some of their design choices of late, particularly visual, though musically last year as well.

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 1

just out of mere curiosity

What is your reasons for not liking Phantom Regiment?

I would understand if its the Cavaliers because I see them as rivals, but I don't understand why anyone would not like a fan-favorite corp that puts out good shows year to year

I can't speak for his/her feelings toward Regiment...I CAN speak for mine for, say, BAC. With the exception of "Red" none of their shows have really grabbed me....no real connection. Same for Glassmen (although to a lesser extent). I enjoy the shows, but they're not on my playlist. Heck...BD 2010 didn't hit many of my buttons!