I'm tired of the Blue Devils hating...

Huh??? Let me respond in order...

I noted that you stated "in my opinion". I was simply commenting that you should speak for yourself and let others speak for themselves, rather than trying to explain what "people" or "most fans" think.

Second, you are confusing me with another poster. I never said anything about "all hell" breaking loose. My response to you was my first post in this thread.

Third, I didn't realize I was "attacking you" by my suggestion. I was just suggesting that you would be better off describing YOUR feelings about the issue than trying to explain what "most fans" are feeling.

Finally, I never called you a "hater" or even hinted at it here. I said nothing at all about your opinion of the Blue Devils or any other corps. My comments were directed clearly at HOW you stated your opinion, not the content of your post.

I was going to respond to him but then I realized I'd be arguing with some dude wearing a cow suit.

• Like 3

I love the Blue Devils. The Blue Devils were the first drum corps that I ever saw.

As much as it pains me to type this... we have something in common. They were also the first corps I ever saw, and I fell in love with them too.

Mike

I was going to respond to him but then I realized I'd be arguing with some dude wearing a cow suit.

uhhhh.... i think you're confusing me with someone else my friend

my avatar shows Phantom Regiment and not "some dude wearing a cow suit"

It's ok though, I think all Blue Devil fans look alike too

:thumbup:

• Like 1

uhhhh.... i think you're confusing me with someone else my friend

my avatar shows Phantom Regiment and not "some dude wearing a cow suit"

It's ok though, I think all Blue Devil fans look alike too

:thumbup:

Oops, I was referring to Cowtown. Sorry!

Edited by BDUFLS

I'm not a BD hater. In fact, BD is my second favorite corps (mainly because of their 80's shows). However this past half decade or so, I just cant "get into" their shows. I thought 04 05 and 06 were.. meh. I wasn't a huge fan 08 and they made me scratch my head in 09 with the chairs. I over looked the chairs though because I really liked the music. 2010 new props... yeah, that's what drum corps fans love...props, geez. The music was terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, was it loud? Sure. Was it blended and in tune? yeah ok. But I want something I can ENJOY!!!! Now this year with MORE PROPS!!?? What the heck is going on with these guys? The music... well it's better than last year, which everyone is saying. Not much of a complement really. It's just comparing Elephant #### to dog ####. Are these guys trying to #### the fans or what? What are they trying to prove? That they can put garbage on the field and STILL win championships? Well... I'm sad to say, they are proving just that. Ughh... I can rant about BD for hours, but its not worth it. The BD members are some of the best performers in the world. Why can't they give these guys a great show to work with? Bring back the BD we all fell in love with!

• Like 2

Actually, I was going to put ($1 to George Castanza) in the original post...but thought to myself...nah, everyone's going to know I meant Seinfeld......I'll put it next time! Also, concerning your inability to understand my explanation....."You are one tough cookie" ($1 to the Library Cop in Seinfeld :tongue: )
I understand your explanation. problem is, it doesn't fit with what's presented. that said,musically, this is the most I have liked them in a while. got it Newman? :devil: <BR><BR>( yeah kind of a dupe, but I went back and re-re-read your post. ) Edited by Jeff Ream

I noted that you stated "in my opinion". I was simply commenting that you should speak for yourself and let others speak for themselves, rather than trying to explain what "people" or "most fans" think.

You know, if you're in a crowd, say...in Atlanta...and a corps has just performed...and you aren't exactly ecstatic...

it's pretty easy to look around and make a quick mental note of what everyone else in the audience is doing. Of course, you can only guess at their motivation for whatever they're doing, but it isn't hard to read between the lines. :-)

You're right that speaking for one's self is the most accurate, but speaking for others (especially when based on an educated guess) isn't necessarily miles off the mark.

• Like 1

You know, if you're in a crowd, say...in Atlanta...and a corps has just performed...and you aren't exactly ecstatic...

it's pretty easy to look around and make a quick mental note of what everyone else in the audience is doing. Of course, you can only guess at their motivation for whatever they're doing, but it isn't hard to read between the lines. :-)

You're right that speaking for one's self is the most accurate, but speaking for others (especially when based on an educated guess) isn't necessarily miles off the mark.

Being in Atlanta, all the people around me LOVED BD.

However, I wouldn't want reality to get in the way of your confirmation bias, so carry on smile.gif

Edited by badoo