I'm tired of the Blue Devils hating...

BINGO! You are the person in this entire thread who "gets" the big picture. If the Cesario initiative doesn't succeed, DCI will be dead shortly. I spoke to a G8 director earlier this summer. They are still planning to pull out of DCI. They are not fond of performing at nationals before 13,500 in a dome with "crap sound". Come on people. Get your head out of your trivia and help push DCI back to the shows that enough customers will still want to pay for, in a non dome stadium or you won't have anything to be petty about in a few short years.

that G* director may want to remember who voted on that dome.

the directors of the corps.

gotta love how they vote for it yet never take ownership of their decisions

If BD people don't like the "hating" they shouldn't call themselves the Yankees of drum corps. There's a reason why the Yankees are known as the evil empire.

• Like 1

Rah rah sis boom bah.

I got on my blue tu tu! :w00t:

I'm completely stunned that this thread has so many posts. I never knew this is such a seriously touchy subject for so many people.

Really? This topic has cause so many arguments over the last couple of years, between the "homers" and "haters" on here. usually any time the Blue Devils are mentioned in a thread, it descends into a 25 page #####-fest.

Really? This topic has cause so many arguments over the last couple of years, between the "homers" and "haters" on here. usually any time the Blue Devils are mentioned in a thread, it descends into a 25 page #####-fest.

Yea, I know when it's part of another thread (either for or against BD's show de jour), but to command an entire thread to the right to argue?

I mean, the "Wrong answer thread" is fun and all, but it's not why I come to DCP.

Yea, I know when it's part of another thread (either for or against BD's show de jour), but to command an entire thread to the right to argue?

I mean, the "Wrong answer thread" is fun and all, but it's not why I come to DCP.

Very true, I misunderstood your first post. My apologies.

But yes, this whole thread exists for the "right to disagree", and not love a show, which I thought was pretty much why we were here on the Internet

Well, I think it's time for the highlight reel for this thread.

What were some of you guys's favorite moments?

I love the exchange a couple of pages back about all the different "rules" one needs to follow in order to criticize BD, lol.

"No compliment sandwiches"...

• Like 2

I love the exchange a couple of pages back about all the different "rules" one needs to follow in order to criticize BD, lol.

Well we have to have rules! We are a civilized society after all. If we had no rules and simply let things degenerate into free form criticism, before you know it we'd have a total state of anarchy. The economy would crumble, their would be rioting in the streets, and widows and orphans would be thrown from their homes!!!!

......sorry. Back to my corner. :blink:

Edited by Photographer Jim