Atlanta – Just the NEGATIVE

Ok, I’m 50 … I’ve been around DCI so long I was one of the original “Friends of DCI”. I sat through 16 drum corps and enough of all this positive stuff everyone feeds everyone I wanted to share with you the cold hard brutal truth … only one corps will win and some corps are better than others. Deal with it. Here we go

I honestly think this is one of the most entertaining posts I've read. George Carlin, all the way. Smokey voice, with a whiskey in the right hand. Brutal, but honest. And for that, I love you and all that this thread conveys.

• Like 2

My .02 ... and I'm older than Old Guy (54 - but don't act my age)

1) BD: Musical chops separated the adults from kids (but I don't care for their show).

2) Cadets: Possibly their best show ever. Execution is off the charts.

3) Cavies: Another total package.

4) Crown: I'm biased, but I absolutely love this show. So does the rest of the crowd.

5) Phantom: Row of Buicks are back and are the glue to this show.

6) Bloooo: Nice effort, I just don't get it.

7) SCV: Please find your identity...soon. Major chords are not the enemy.

8) Bahston: Why is approachable music not rewarded?

9) Madison: Well on the road back - congratulations!

10) Blue Knights: Best show in years, plays great, but cannot march.

11) FCO: Far better show than judges are scoring.

12) Spirit: Welcome home. A magical night in the Dome.

• Like 1

I said this last year about BD, and I'll say it again. No, they don't move as fast as often as the others. But they do offer enough of a variety of approcahes, and show that they master them all. See the sheets don't say speed wins. The sheets ask for variety and achievement, and BD delivers on that front...hence the visual numbers they get.

yeah it comes off to many as boring. I think they get a little too much love for all the time killed moving props around. But they are clean and show a wide range of skills, not just speed, speed speed.

• Like 2

Negatives? Well i only had 1 big complaint.

BD - Whats up with the freakin park and bark move props crap? Oh and when you do move and play why half time...? Oh you snapped the horn down and now its single time! PLEASE use your talent to maximum capacity, grab the audience! Im tired of seeing golf claps, you both deserve more and dont deserve it. This is on the STAFF not the members. I want to like you but your Vis design is pathetic. Ive seen High Schools with better design than the 2 time defending World Champion. Step up Design Staff

You are so amazingly full of yourself aren't you? :thumbdown:

Typical type whinging comment, you HATE the staff, but love the members. Guess who chose and trained the members?

Want some cheese with your whine?

• Like 2

You are so amazingly full of yourself aren't you? :thumbdown:

Typical type whinging comment, you HATE the staff, but love the members. Guess who chose and trained the members?

Want some cheese with your whine?

Notice these guys never submit their application to "Step up" themselves?

I am sure BD would be AMAZING if he was designing their program.

• Like 2

This was a positively negative thread until negative people positively ruined it by going negatively negative.

But don't two negatives make a positive?