Beast of the East - Lawrence, Ma

We put on an exibition at the East Coast Classic tonight in Lawrence, so we all received free passes to the rest of the show.

Halfway thru the "The Cadets of Allentown" I left the stadium and drove home.

What I saw on the field is not DRUM CORPS.

I miss the ol' skool Santa Clara Vanguard and the GARFIELD Cadets.

No more DCI for me.

ouch

We put on an exibition at the East Coast Classic tonight in Lawrence, so we all received free passes to the rest of the show.

Halfway thru the "The Cadets of Allentown" I left the stadium and drove home.

What I saw on the field is not DRUM CORPS.

I miss the ol' skool Santa Clara Vanguard and the GARFIELD Cadets.

No more DCI for me.

First of all, way to be rude and leave in the middle of a show. I'm sure the people sitting around you were simply delighted by your distraction.

Secondly, see ya. Don't let the door hit ya.

• Like 5

While this may hold true for some. Blue Devils always get far better crowd reactions on the west coast.

no offense, but all this "east love" for the Cadets is hooey. I've seen them laughed at in their own town. funny how all my trips around the east i've seen BD get lots of love over the years, SCV too.

the lack of love for BD recently hasn't been scores. it's been the shows. I remember the reaction in 06. fans loved it. I remember the reaction the last 3 years...not so much. Saturday night will be very telling...but man I remember when BD came in early in 94. fans across the East ate em up.

how about...gasp...people may not like the show. regardless of who it is.

I know, I know, logical

Some legitimately don't like the show and that's fine. But, there is a huge ABBD crowd that's gonna hate it regardless. If BD was doing Crowns show from this year they'd be laughed out of the stadium and legions of folks would be ridiculing the cheese.

How about, they are more likely, friends and family and fans of corps that are tired of losing to BD and want anyone but BD to win. Otherwise known as sore losers.

just as in the West it's friends and family of BD people?

I know, I know, logical again.

Some legitimately don't like the show and that's fine. But, there is a huge ABBD crowd that's gonna hate it regardless. If BD was doing Crowns show from this year they'd be laughed out of the stadium and legions of folks would be ridiculing the cheese.

i doubt it.

• Like 1

no offense, but all this "east love" for the Cadets is hooey. I've seen them laughed at in their own town. funny how all my trips around the east i've seen BD get lots of love over the years, SCV too.

the lack of love for BD recently hasn't been scores. it's been the shows. I remember the reaction in 06. fans loved it. I remember the reaction the last 3 years...not so much. Saturday night will be very telling...but man I remember when BD came in early in 94. fans across the East ate em up.

Very true. We got tons of love from the east coast fans that year. Tons.

The audience has to be open to receive what they have to offer. The anybody but BD mentality is pervasive at tnis point. IMHO

I know I'm not supposed to speak for the audience or anything like that, but I seem to remember non-Midwestern crowds going ape#### over the Cavies even after they had won three consecutive championships.

And I haven't really seen any open hostility to the Blue Devils . . . though I've not sat in an Eastern audience in the past few years. It just seems as though people prefer other corps. Perhaps they're not being engaged by shows which are intentionally designed not to garner traditional audience reactions.

Nah. It's more fun to play victim and pretend everyone hates BD.

Edited by Rifuarian