Beast of the East - Lawrence, Ma

First off, I thought they (Cadets) were by and far the most entertaining and my hat's off to all of the members of that Corp, and all the Corps who performed last night.

I love the fact you have attempted to justify the Voice being activated by striking a mallet... but that is just it, it is activating a pre recorded piece and while yes someone must do so at the proper I am still not and probably will never be a fan of electronics beyond the amplification for certain pit percussion. That only because it does save on some wear and tear of those Marimbas, xylophones, etc...

Otherwise, call me old fashioned if you really must... Because seriously it is my one and only major point of contention... and I hope there is no further changes in the electronic direction. That is just me now, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised later.

Best of luck to all of the Corps in Allentown, and of course at DCI Finals.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Cadets show this year. It's my favorite show this year.

I was just trying to give a little credit to those pit members who play that certain part.

And also, I'm not sure if everyone knows this. But the piece Angels in the Architecture has the voice in it.

We can give them credit for making an effort of having as much of the original composition in the show as possible.

Sorry for any misconceptions

Refer to my earlier post on the loud booing the 1988 corps received in the Midwest. Despite the fact that this show is repeatedly referenced on this site as what they wish BD was doing or the reason they fell in love with BD, I am sure the booing was because the crowd hated the show. :rolleyes:

Guess you didn't see my response. rolleyes.gif

Guess you didn't see my response. rolleyes.gif

Well, I didn't say it was at every show. There are some places that behave better than others. The two worst cases (where we did not do an encore) were Sioux City, IA and Des Plaines, IL. Both crowds also cheered loudly when it was announced that we were leaving the encore for Madison (IA) or Cavaliers (IL).

It was amusing too that the announcement was due to a tight travel schedule. When we got back to the lot, they opened up the food truck. We hung out in the lot until we were the last ones to leave.

• Like 1

He does say at the bottom though that he knows it isn't everyone, it's been isolated incidents. And Plan, you're not quite the most un-biased person on here about BD.... Sorry man, but it's true. There are a couple of bad apples in every corps, no corps has a completely spot-free record. But if we start calling one of them out, guess we'd have to call them all out for stuff.

I may not be so un-biased about BD, but I believe you can also say that I am not biased against any other corps.....particularly the corps across the bay. And I have seen and been close to several situations involving a certain top 3 corps that is consistently "zooming" BD with various shananagans, a bit more overt than tossing candy. I think this subject has played its course......but suffice to say corps will be corps, so let's not single one out...it screams agenda.

Edited by Plan9

AGENDA!!!

Sorry... Just felt like screaming that for some reason. :)

AGENDA!!!

Sorry... Just felt like screaming that for some reason. :)

Is that the south end of your banana suit you're wearing or are you just glad to see me! :tongue:

Edited by Plan9

I may not be so un-biased about BD, but I believe you can also say that I am not biased against any other corps.....particularly the corps across the bay. And I have seen and been close to several situations involving a certain top 3 corps that is consistently "zooming" BD with various shananagans, a bit more overt than tossing candy. I think this subject has played its course......but suffice to say corps will be corps, so let's not single one out...it screams agenda.

I know, like I said, every corps has it's bad apples that cause some dis-respect to both their uniform and corps, but it's all corps. Didn't mean to call out BD, or anyone at all, you know I have love for all of the corps out there.

But yes, the conversation has really run its course.

Good luck to everyone the rest of the season! :thumbup:

Edited by fsubone

Ivins, Utah (Retirement home beginning next month) http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=zmw:84738.1.99999

8% humidity 28% Dew point I'll take "oven dry" over "dish rag" any day. Last training day in July before leaving for a track meet, it was 106. Had no issues.

But, I digress. There's a chance most of the bad stuff in Allentown has already gone over.

Is that the south end of your banana suit you're wearing or are you just glad to see me! :tongue:

It's both, Plan.

For you... it's always both.