Beast of the East - Lawrence, Ma

Thought I might just add "all of my tweets" from last night in Lawrence...These were my immediate impressions...

What a great time j in Lawrence tonight! Watching GH jump up & down during Cadets PRICELESS #DCI #drumcorps

One word 4 Crusaders Senior...CONQUEST!!!! Love it guys! #DCI #drumcorps

Boston Crusaders awesome exciting & emotional show tonight! #DCI #drumcorps

Boston Crusaders AMAZING Performance RED HOT #DCI #drumcorps

Boston Crusaders NEW ending EPIC! #DCI #drumcorps

Another show that has grown on me...Blue Devils excellent execution WOW #DCI #drumcorps

That was the absolutely the best Cadets show I've seen in 20 years F'ing PHENOMINAL #DCI #drumcorps

This is NOT the same hornline SCV brought us in June. Amazing!!! #DCI #drumcorps

For a show I hated in June... Santa Clara Vanguard absolutely floored me tonight! a must see live #DCI #drumcorps

I'm a sucker for this jazz from Mass Brass. THANKS guys!! #DCI #drumcorps

Very nice in your face ending from The Muchachos #DCI #drumcorps

Sitting on 50 @ECC loving the screamers from the Defenders WOW #DCI #drumcorps

And bummer that I didn't get a copy of FSUBONE"S response which was "It was their first DCI Championship, and then something to the effect of it had always been a west coast corps up until then.

Well it happened... It also happened when Phantom beat BD in 08... Coincidence? Perhaps... But pack mentality certainly does exist... even amongst the wonderful folk on DCP...

And the first part was, yeah, it was Garfield's first championship, especially after the East had come so close to a championship in '80, they were ready for one. Before then, every championship except for one was taken by a West Coast corps, so those fans were ready for one.

It's okay. I can re-type the second part, which was- I was there in '08, and the cheering was much more for Phantom winning than anything. It was Phantom's first full championship, doing one of the classic DCI shows of the last decade, and Brandt's announcement of 2nd place almost made me go deaf. It was so insane, as most people in those stands was pulling for Phantom to win that show, not for BD to lose. Not like they were booing, they were all just caught in the moment of Phantom's win.

I've said previously that I think the Cadets will WIN the whole enchilada this year. I have not made that a secret. But I'm starting to think to myself...Whether they actually secure a title or not this year, this Cadets show will go down in "my personal history book" as the absolute best Cadets show EVER....One that I actually truly loved to watch IN PERSON...and that's 25 years of shows by them I've watched live firsthand...

Thank you for that... :smile:

Thank You very much...

And bummer that I didn't get a copy of FSUBONE"S response which was "It was their first DCI Championship, and then something to the effect of it had always been a west coast corps up until then.

Well it happened... It also happened when Phantom beat BD in 08... Coincidence? Perhaps... But pack mentality certainly does exist... even amongst the wonderful folk on DCP...

You're welcome.

I included what I felt applied. My perception is that the crowd was cheering FOR us. Not against you. Were there peeps there that didn't want another West coast win? I'm sure of it. But I honestly don't believe that they were the majority. Lookit, I really don't want to tangle with anyone here, but if you're making the case that the cheers were against you and not for us then you seem to be trying to diminish what we did in '83. Not cool.

Am I the only one that noticed how close boston is to SCV?

If it wasn't for SCV's percussion score BAC would have topped SCV at this show just by looking at the recaps. Neither SCV nor Boston had an off show at Lawrence IMO.

Congratulations to both corps this year for awesome performances and good luck to both at Allentown and Indy. :smile:

Just got back from the show... quick thoughts :

BD deserved to win as they executed the heck out of their show. Brass line has such a balanced sound. Great Guard too. They get a lot of flack sometimes, but this is a more entertaining show than last year, imo.

I agree with placement only based upon sheet criteria, but I still enjoyed Cadets show 1000X more without a question...

Cadets wowed the crowd with their drill... they had a few noticeable drill execution issues tonite. They clean this sucker up, they are still in the hunt I believe. Great effect with the poles, lots of oohs and wow's from the crowd

I have not been brought to my feet mid-show in a really long time. Cadets brought me to me feet mid-show tonight. It was absolutely phenomenal. :worthy:

Don't be surprised if you see Boston top Santa Clara Vanguard before it's all said and done. Nobody in the stands that I talked too tonite ( quite a few ) would have been shocked if Boston beat Santa Clara this nite. It looked like Boston changed their musical and visual ending the last few days, and its working. SCV has a quite interesting concept for their show and they have a terrific guard and percussion line, and they had few noticeable glaring issues in any caption, and were solid throughout.

It is VERY hard for me to NOT be biased. That said, I have always been pretty comfortable with Boston's placements. The Lawrence show was a REALLY tough call for me. I thought BAC edged out SCV. I absolutely LOVE Boston's new ending.

It will be interesting when SCV and BAC compete back to back at Allentown. I will be there LIVE to witness it unfold on Saturday.

EAT EM' UP BOSTON!!!!!

Actually you missed the point my friend, this isn't one of the everyday posters here and she stepped into a war zone... where folks are whining to high heaven about how their season is ruined... If you think this is bad, you should see Hopkins FB page... Even he is whining about it. And this guy Elias over on GH's FB... Oh brother... we would have snuggied that guy in a hot second! I am thinking that I will side with the few in this debate... After all, the masses are #####...

What are you talking about? There was no point for me to miss. I was making a statement about something that seems to happen here quite often. The statement wasn't directly for her.

I was 5 in 1983, so I can't speak to that instance, but I was in Bloomingtonin 08.

While it's impossible to know who exactly was cheering for Phantom, and who was cheering against BD, I would have to say that based off the crowd reaction after Phantom was done performing that it was more FOR them than anything. It seems like a difficult concept for some BD fans on here to grasp, but the people in that stadium reacted... in a way I've never seen a crowd react before... to Regiment's show. They were on their feet. They were engaged in every respect. They were a part of that performance.

As such, they made it known that they were happy that the show was rewarded with gold.

I know it sucks to admit, but... It isn't always about BD... Even when they don't win..

• Like 1

I'm just going to leave this picture here.....

image_crushblueraspberry1.jpg