Beast of the East - Lawrence, Ma

I think it's completely ridiculous that the bolded has to be said whenever someone posts something about BD. We're supposed to be adults.

I am very much an adult and the reason I wrote that disclaimer is because I read here all the time and I see what happens whenever anything negative is said. I simply wanted to be very clear. I LOVE everything about drum corps. This is my son's 4th year marching and I try to turn on as many of my friends as possible. It's a niche activity that both needs and deserves more exposure. I'm sorry if I unknowingly offended anyone.

I am very much an adult and the reason I wrote that disclaimer is because I read here all the time and I see what happens whenever anything negative is said. I simply wanted to be very clear. I LOVE everything about drum corps. This is my son's 4th year marching and I try to turn on as many of my friends as possible. It's a niche activity that both needs and deserves more exposure. I'm sorry if I unknowingly offended anyone.

My post wasn't directed at you. Just saying that I noticed whenever someone has a negative opinion about BD, they're classified as a hater.

My post wasn't directed at you. Just saying that I noticed whenever someone has a negative opinion about BD, they're classified as a hater.

No one hate anyone. Just posturing.

I loved his post i was being sarcastic towards dcp..

Yeah, but until someone invents that tone reading keyboard, people don't know that. It's till a guessing game as to what people actually mean when they say stuff, what kind of inflection that mean to put in it.

I was on the field in Miami in 1983 and when my corps lost to Garfield the crowd went nuts and shouted EAST EAST EAST EAST over and over. Were any of you there? can someone other than a BD alum confirm this? Does this not constitute Hometown Favoritism? BTW Jeff this was a DCI Crowd... You know, the ones that are drawn from all over.

I was there. I can confirm it.

Here's why...

Well, it was kind of the Cadets first championship....

BBB asked for a confirmation. I can confirm it. Don't know or care about the rest of it.

*steps back outside and closes the door*

That definitely sounds just as difficult as playing an instrument! :doh: Pretty sure my 3 year old could be taught to do that in about 10 minutes time.

So you're saying your 3 year old can play in the pit of any given drum corps? Most 3 year olds that I have met can't do that. That's pretty impressive. Congratulations on having such a talented young child!

• Like 1

So you're saying your 3 year old can play in the pit of any given drum corps? Most 3 year olds that I have met can't do that. That's pretty impressive. Congratulations on having such a talented young child!

No, I'm saying they can hit something with a mallet at 5 second intervals and have it play a recorded piece of audio, which is what you posted that The Cadets do for their spoken word audio.

We put on an exibition at the East Coast Classic tonight in Lawrence, so we all received free passes to the rest of the show.

Halfway thru the "The Cadets of Allentown" I left the stadium and drove home.

What I saw on the field is not DRUM CORPS.

I miss the ol' skool Santa Clara Vanguard and the GARFIELD Cadets.

No more DCI for me.

Let me see...the exhibition groups all had some connection (through some members) of the Crusaders, your host and only local remaining top flight corps in World Class (I am not slighting Spartans folks so don't be offended). You walked out before the Crusaders came on. Classy. So because it is different than what you liked/remember (just come out form under a rock?) you can't bring yourself to support what these kids love? Did someone ever walk out on your performance? Would you be insulted if they did? supporting these kids. I can only think of a couple of responses to your actions. Adapt or die. And buhbye. Not gonna miss you. This IS drum corps today and I for one like what I hear and what I see. All the best success toall the competing corps tonight (especially BAC :-))

• Like 1

I understand that, and if people are actually attempting to engage in a mature and coherent conversation, why should the Blue Devils record be dragged out? I've seen someone post an actual, honest critique of the show, and someone, (one of their alums) came on here, and said to their post, "this staff has such and such titles, I think they know more than you." Can you see how that rubs people the wrong way? Seeing the "15!" posts, and all the stuff about how they win, so we're all jealous, it gets just as old. I will admit, some people just don't like them, for whatever reason, but for the most of us, it's just a recent show design thing, not an "ABBD" thing. Promise.

I certain can! This may just be my perspective Bone, but I distinctly remember back in early 08 when I joined DCP that I layed back for quite a while and watched the discussion before I jumped in. I remember that I got a little emotional and ###### off because I took too personal the bashing BD was getting. I also remember getting more than a few PM's from BD Alums and Vet DCPers suggesting that I "let it roll off". As you may know, I've been an abject failure on that one! :tongue:

Over the years I've come to see the opposition as mostly well meaning fans, with as much baggage as me, but good souls that are equally passionate and certain they have the answers (don't we all). Let's face it....BD is on a tear and I came in on the ground floor, never knowing them differently. I watched as they emerged from Bloomington in 08 with clarity and focus that was a thing of beauty. The rest is history.

Finally, the 15 thing (I'm guilty of) is just us fans being fans. No one's rubbing anyone's nose in anything (at least I'm not)! If you're around BD, they yell that number coming out of their huddles, they've been doing since 08 (and probably before).

• Like 1