Aug. 6 DCA Scores/Comments Thread

Which could lead one to conclude Reading is at an estimated 92, and if one were to conclude this..... :rolleyes::blink::wink:

Now there's a lot of what if's about the missing horns, the long bus ride, etc.

My educated guess having been at Bucknell and seeing both back to back-- you give MBI the what if's and the gap from first to second would have been noticeably tighter, but the placements would have remained the same.

A better run from MBI at Bucknell- and there sure could have been-- would have pushed their number higher, and very, very likely would have also driven up the Bucs and Hurcs numbers as well. Food for thought. :cool:

I don't think anyone is beating the Bucs this year, but I have to admit that I am a MBI fan. LOVE the sound of their hornline... especailly last year!

No flames from me Irish...I do think one corps got the very short end of the numbers stick last night at Kingston...just didn't think it was Cabs...

I fully expected a number of marching members to go down because of poor traction, but I don't remember seeing any. Congrats to ALL marching members for performing in, shall we say, less than ideal conditions!

The field conditions were actually quite good despite the heavy rain

I would agree, but I would also encourage people to look at the Woodstock recaps. The judges were giving Alliance some pretty nice numbers in their sub captions (especially design). Basically, they are saying that if they clean it, they will be right there with the Cabs. I believe if they can get their guard number up, these guys could be a dark horse for the top 5.

You also can't count out the Renegades. They were right up there with everyone after their last show, and that was with a DCI judging panel (which we saw what happened to CV and Alliance's scores). I think their lack of scores is the perfectly formula for a dark horse.

The race for 5th (and maybe more) just got A LOT more interesting!

Agreed. I live in ATL and went and watched the Woodstock show. It wasn't even close IMO. Alliance is freaking legit this year. That show seems to be really well put together and I've never seen a senior corps run so much in a show... and the scary thing is... the members are actually performing it. They are still a little dirty, but if they can clean it up even a little, I'd look for them in the top 5. Was this Alliance's first show with DCA judges? i can't wait to see how this one shakes out.

Agreed. I live in ATL and went and watched the Woodstock show. It wasn't even close IMO. Alliance is freaking legit this year. That show seems to be really well put together and I've never seen a senior corps run so much in a show... and the scary thing is... the members are actually performing it. They are still a little dirty, but if they can clean it up even a little, I'd look for them in the top 5. Was this Alliance's first show with DCA judges? i can't wait to see how this one shakes out.

welcome to DCP. Look forward to meeting you and BOSMarcher at the Douglasville show in 2 weeks,.

welcome to DCP. Look forward to meeting you and BOSMarcher at the Douglasville show in 2 weeks,.

???

Curious as to why I was thrown into that. Oh, I get it... someone else was a fan of Alliance last weekend and you think it must be the same person... :rolleyes:

I guess that mean I have about 4 other screen names too. :rock:

PS: Sadly, I can't go to the Douglasville show next week (or Woodstock for that matter). DCI Atlanta was my only show... which is why I reviewed it.

I personally did not think it was going to be close at the Dome, either. It will be interesting to see if CV can close the gap with them.

???

Curious as to why I was thrown into that. Oh, I get it... someone else was a fan of Alliance last weekend and you think it must be the same person... :rolleyes:

I guess that mean I have about 4 other screen names too. :rock:

PS: Sadly, I can't go to the Douglasville show next week (or Woodstock for that matter). DCI Atlanta was my only show... which is why I reviewed it.

That's a pity. I was looking forward to putting a face with a screen name. Catch u down the road I guess,.

The field at Kingston was fine .i performed on it. Two of the corps,where not given a score that they deserved, one open and one class A were short changed.etting the exact same scores the week before/ and they both performed very well last night.

• Like 1

I'll admit that I really want a corps such as Alliance to stir the pot. Much like MBI has done in the past. I love all the DCA corps. So don't get me wrong. I just really appreciate it when outliers like Alliance, CV, and Renegades can come into DCA and expand the scope of the circuit. It's not a bad thing at all. It's good. It finally creates a nationally-based circuit, rather than just a regional one. This adds weight to the title of "DCA Champion."

I don't think anyone is beating the Bucs this year, but I have to admit that I am a MBI fan. LOVE the sound of their hornline... especailly last year!

I agree. As much of a fan of MBI that I am, the Bucs are probably on track to win it yet again. But, hell yes, I can appreciate the amazing sound MBI generates, both in its horn line and percussion. Beauty incarnate. MBI may be the best DCA corps ever that hasn't won a championship.