Aug. 6 DCA Scores/Comments Thread

I thought it was ironic that the rain backed off pretty significantly as Hawthorne was coming off the field. I thought "These guys can't catch a break can they".

so,.................Cabs are officially the dark horse in the race,.............as next week they do not see Empire or Hurcs,...........then Cabs meet up with up with Hurcs a couple times,...........and Enpire and Hurcs meet up in Bridgeport,...........Empire does not see Cabs again till prelims,.............

Edited by Gary Matczak

So, Minnesota is the first corps to break a 90...

Hmmm. I think that was the case last year as well. (Corrections freely accepted.)

But given their very good 1st read against the Buccaneers, this could still be a very interesting season.

So, Minnesota is the first corps to break a 90...

Hmmm. I think that was the case last year as well. (Corrections freely accepted.)

But given their very good 1st read against the Buccaneers, this could still be a very interesting season.

Which didnt mean anything at season end.

Bucs will jump ahead like normal with MBI having an off show weekend. August 20th will give us good indication of how things really pan out with the top 5 (though they are all different shows) and then with a few east coast shows and no midwest shows on the 27th, things will be out of whack until prelims. Same story every year.

no that would put them at a 88.30 until next weekend.

LOL Love the logic, you made me smile!!!! :thumbup:

I'll say this- Kingston was tough with the rain. Congrats to all the corps for pushing through this.

However, two corps got rained on much less than everyone else and I think it was reflected in the scores. I watched Hurcs and Empire and I don't feel in an way, shape, or form that they were 3 points better than Cabs. I know they have a great guard and their battery is excelling this year, but other areas of their program are hurting.

Empire was the clear winner.

I thought it was ironic that the rain backed off pretty significantly as Hawthorne was coming off the field. I thought "These guys can't catch a break can they".

Ok- Giant wood spoon holstered now. Flame away. And no, I am not biast to any corps.

No flames from me Irish...I do think one corps got the very short end of the numbers stick last night at Kingston...just didn't think it was Cabs...

I fully expected a number of marching members to go down because of poor traction, but I don't remember seeing any. Congrats to ALL marching members for performing in, shall we say, less than ideal conditions!

so,.................Cabs are officially the dark horse in the race,.............as next week they do not see Empire or Hurcs,...........then Cabs meet up with up with Hurcs a couple times,...........and Enpire and Hurcs meet up in Bridgeport,...........Empire does not see Cabs again till prelims,.............

I would agree, but I would also encourage people to look at the Woodstock recaps. The judges were giving Alliance some pretty nice numbers in their sub captions (especially design). Basically, they are saying that if they clean it, they will be right there with the Cabs. I believe if they can get their guard number up, these guys could be a dark horse for the top 5.

You also can't count out the Renegades. They were right up there with everyone after their last show, and that was with a DCI judging panel (which we saw what happened to CV and Alliance's scores). I think their lack of scores is the perfectly formula for a dark horse.

The race for 5th (and maybe more) just got A LOT more interesting!

kinda like,..............placement and spreads are where it's at right now,.................but it don't mean nuthin' till prelims,...........

Correct. the way it is now, the contenders are circling around each other until Prelims. Won't know what really happens until they make contact at the same contest.

Agreed. Note the Midwest scores are trending a bit higher than the NE scores. It's all within a reasonable margin.

Even with the higher midwest trend, the Kilties are looknig stronger than they have for some time with their numbers. They have to feel good about it. :thumbup:

Also just looked at the lewisburg scores to compare.

the spread between MBI and Hurcs there was 2.85

guess what the spread was between them last night.... 2.85

different shows yes, but really...the midwest scores are right on par with with east coast scores.

Also just looked at the lewisburg scores to compare.

the spread between MBI and Hurcs there was 2.85

guess what the spread was between them last night.... 2.85

different shows yes, but really...the midwest scores are right on par with with east coast scores.

Which could lead one to conclude Reading is at an estimated 92, and if one were to conclude this..... :rolleyes::blink::wink:

Now there's a lot of what if's about the missing horns, the long bus ride, etc.

My educated guess having been at Bucknell and seeing both back to back-- you give MBI the what if's and the gap from first to second would have been noticeably tighter, but the placements would have remained the same.

A better run from MBI at Bucknell- and there sure could have been-- would have pushed their number higher, and very, very likely would have also driven up the Bucs and Hurcs numbers as well. Food for thought. :cool: