6 Crossmen 81.850

7 Pacific Crest 78.950

8 Mandarins 77.500

9 Teal Sound 76.450

10 Jersey Surf 74.700

11 Cascades 74.050

Carry on with discussion.

WOA!!! Glassmen not ready to give up that finalists spot just yet. :thumbup:

I don't recal "everyone" saying they were going to boycot the TOC shows. I do recal many being ticked off at the G7s original plan, and many planned to boycott the proposed G7 shows. Please know that the number of people complaining about the G7 idea on DCP was probably a hundred or so. A very small informed minority when it comes to the whole DCI fan base.

The current TOC shows are the result of a compromise by DCI with the respective G7 corps. I think most fans don't know about the original plan they had. I think most fans at the New Meadowlands tonight are there to see the top 8 drum corps from last season, and that is all. The show is being billed as a DCI top corps fest. I don't think we've seen the last of the G7, but for now TOC is what we have. I will be curious to see how it plays out next season if Boston or Madison are invited to join but don't. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Can't wait for Thursday. Have to settle for seeing the shows from the theater. But the top 3 are all killer. I have to say though, here's to THE CADETS PULLIN IT OUT AT THE END!! WOOOOO!

• Like 1

I will be curious to see how it plays out next season if Boston or Madison are invited to join but don't. Time will tell.

I'd imagine the other seven would say " 'k, whatever dudes" and go on with the shows. Having one less partner to split the profits would be beneficial to them, and it's unlikely that the full houses they're getting without either of those two corps would change if they again did the shows without Boston and Madison.

• Like 1

I'd imagine the other seven would say " 'k, whatever dudes" and go on with the shows. Having one less partner to split the profits would be beneficial to them, and it's unlikely that the full houses they're getting without either of those two corps would change if they again did the shows without Boston and Madison.

Isn't the stipulation in regards to who is in and who is out based on placement for 3 years? To be in you have to be in the top 8 two of the last three years, and to be out you have to be lower than 8th for two of the last three years? So if that is true wouldn't that mean the Blue Stars would still be in TOC next year because of 2009 and 2010. And if Boston makes it into the top 8 this year, wouldn't they also be included because of 2009 and 2011. So would they expand the TOC to 9 corps for next year?

Isn't the stipulation in regards to who is in and who is out based on placement for 3 years? To be in you have to be in the top 8 two of the last three years, and to be out you have to be lower than 8th for two of the last three years? So if that is true wouldn't that mean the Blue Stars would still be in TOC next year because of 2009 and 2010. And if Boston makes it into the top 8 this year, wouldn't they also be included because of 2009 and 2011. So would they expand the TOC to 9 corps for next year?

well, this is a one time thing, right now. It will be evaluated at the end of the season for pros and cons.

The original proposal had the guidelines that you are describing, but also explicitly said that corps could be moved into or out of the "G7" shows by a vote, and each of the G7 corps had 2 votes, and 10 other WC corps had 1 vote. So, if you do the math, the G7 could move the other corps around wherever they wanted.

Boy for a HUGE show...this is a pathetic thread. :rolleyes:

Time for some movie references!!!