Prelims!

Cinecast is multi-cam, yes?

Full 12-camera setup according to DCI.

Okay, Liahona, here's the DCI announcement I mentioned with the explanation of the miking.

It also mentions that the semis webcast will be the "12 camera setup" and I assume that's the same for the Prelims cinecast tonight. They use these two shows to practice for the shots they'll need to get to prepare the DVDs.

Edited by skywhopper

Does anyone have an idea of how those placements and spacing became so hugely different on the WC sheets?

Here's the difference...

Open Class and the Open Class sheets are about one thing: Execution. How clean you are. The composition is considered, but it doesn't carry anywhere near as much weight as achievement does. In World Class, it's a much more even split. That's why you saw a difference. Also, size matters in World Class, and BDB is not small.

Here's a good comparison. During Jersey Surf and Teal Sound's last year in Open (2008 and 2009 respectively), they scored much higher than other Open class corps at World show throughout the season, and dropped when they hit Open-only shows at the end of the season. Since they were in evaluation years, they designed with World Class in mind (though not a completely World show) as part of the eval. Open corps may be on Open sheets early season at world shows, but the judging is more World-centric with a different tolerance. Don't ask my why, that's just how it is.

Once clean was more important than content, they dropped.

I hope I didn't confused things more. I know I spent most of 2009 confused once Teal got to Open-only shows and we got beat by corps we pounded days before.

Edited by Kamarag

Kevin, you rock! :thumbup:

I've updated the spreadsheet with all Open Class scores and an average score change for those corps.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AkOC7u8Z_kMTdG5TbXRMTGdJaUx2cVpwOE1aU2N3REE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

• Like 1

Haven't seen Jersey Surf's show before. Sounds great. Nice visuals. This is definitely a great year for bari solos. A good one to open this show. And there's another one, fantastic, for Kissed by a Rose. Wow!

Oh, here's a third corps (at least) doing a heart shape on the field.

Definitely a step up from Pioneer. I can see BDB outscoring them, but I don't think they will get knocked out of semis.

Edited by skywhopper

I've updated the spreadsheet with all Open Class scores and an average score change for those corps.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AkOC7u8Z_kMTdG5TbXRMTGdJaUx2cVpwOE1aU2N3REE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

it is interesting how well the international corps did on the WC sheets compared to the other OC corps,............

He new this was coming.

Please keep this garbage out of what is otherwise a great thread.

• Like 1

Pioneer 68.40 (-00.65 from Allentown)

That makes:

75.15 (-19.85) Blue Devils B

73.35 (-21.35) Oregon Crusaders

72.60 (-21.60) Vanguard Cadets

----- Current Semifinal Cut -----

69.35 (-22.15) Spartans

68.40 [-00.65] Pioneer

66.55 (-18.80) Yokohama Scouts

66.50 (-22.75) Revolution

65.80 (-21.05) Genesis

64.35 (-21.80) 7th Regiment

62.20 (-22.60) Music City

61.30 (-18.90) Jubal

60.65 (-21.65) Legends

57.50 (-24.40) Raiders

56.60 (-22.60) Forte

54.30 (-24.85) Colt Cadets

51.75 (-20.35) Les Stentors

48.40 (-21.15) Racine Scouts

44.20 (-18.85) Blue Saints

41.35 (-15.25) Spirit of New Jersey

Cascades outscored Pioneer by 3.95 at Allentown, so if that spread holds up, that would put them 0.25 below Vanguard Cadets. Jersey Surf scored 4.5 over Pioneer which would land them between SCVC and Oregon. Same for Teal Sound. Mandarins would finish just below BDB, and Pacific Crest would be the first WC corps to outscore all OC corps. Sounds reasonable to me.

Edited by skywhopper

Pioneer 68.40 (-00.65 from Allentown)

And with that Pioneer is out of Semis, and SCVC is in.

Edited by GDinnes

that's "knew"

To paraphrase Jeff Foxworthy, "If you have abysmal syntax, you might be a net troll"

And for the record, Bawker rocks!

...and learn how to spell at least!

It's he KNEW this was coming... What's the topic of this thread again?

I'll take "Trolls" for $1000, Alex.

• Like 2