BAC and CONQUEST

Since the staff didn't include bits of conquest this year, it's not too late. During the closing drill, while the hornline is off to the left, facing the back section in a company front, have a few of the appropriate brass players begin the opening licks of conquest. The rest of the hornline begins their individual 180's. When completed, begin the oblique towards the center of the field playing conquest. A simple change. At this stage, it would not be a major hit to their theme, shouldn't effect scoring too much, and the fans would absolutley go nuts! A last minute bottle dance by SCV was always appreciated.

Wonder if any corps will do anything different at this stage, no matter how simple it might be.

Lots of openings for Conquest hits during the 1812 push. How about the two concert bass drum do it in stereo? Get your huhs warmed up Indy!

Mike

Bill, what do you think?

Lots of openings for Conquest hits during the 1812 push. How about the two concert bass drum do it in stereo? Get your huhs warmed up Indy!

Too bad they didn't actually use those small howitzers that are used in some sailboat races for the starts/finishes. Borrow a couple and actually have the smoke plus a great sound inside a dome. If George can get the nearby fire station to assist the Cadets closing, howitzers would also be a nice touch.

Edited by Ghost

Since the staff didn't include bits of conquest this year, it's not too late. During the closing drill, while the hornline is off to the left, facing the back section in a company front, have a few of the appropriate brass players begin the opening licks of conquest. The rest of the hornline begins their individual 180's. When completed, begin the oblique towards the center of the field playing conquest. A simple change. At this stage, it would not be a major hit to their theme, shouldn't effect scoring too much, and the fans would absolutley go nuts! A last minute bottle dance by SCV was always appreciated.

Wonder if any corps will do anything different at this stage, no matter how simple it might be.

I am glad they didn't bother with conquest...Let it rest!

I absolutely LOVED their 1812 ending and Conquest I am sorry to say would have ruined it!!! This corps and staff is so talented they didn't need it....They got a standing O with a company front from 1812...What more can you ask for than that?

I think this "Revolution" show probably would have been even a better 70th anniversary show btw than last years offering....Wait till next anniversary (75th) at the earliest if you want to showcase conquest. Besides after listening to Jay Kennedy's feelings(their arranger) about Conquest and its limits from a creative and musical standpoint I have to agree with him about it.

Thank you to Boston's staff and the "powers that be" that felt the show could stand on its own merits. It did just that!

Please just use Conquest for parades and encores....I say all these things with the deepest love for this corps....and feel I can voice my opinion against Conquest being used in future shows because I am an alumnus of this corps.

This got me thinking of show ideas...How about doing a show around the American Revolution and our fight against the "British" in Boston...Not sure what music selections would be appropriate....but it would seem to fit "BAC" for sure in my opinion...

Call the show "Revolution Part Dos Without a Door"...I am just kidding about the title....I think I am a bit over tired and getting silly now... :tongue:

Edited by Liahona

As much as I will miss those conquest hits in BAC shows, I think Liahona is right on the money. I think it is a wise decision in all cases to defer to Jay Kennedy :thumbup:

I'm surprised they didn't include Conquest. After all, "Les Miz doesn't have enough music to support an eleven minute show", or whatever the heck he said.

• Like 1

I'm surprised they didn't include Conquest. After all, "Les Miz doesn't have enough music to support an eleven minute show", or whatever the heck he said.

The whole theater reacted to that one on thursday.

I guess Jay Kennedy doesn't think it has enough music to support an eleven minute show for the Boston Crusaders. I don't know Les Miz music (read the novel) well enough to say either way...all the more reason to still defer to Jay on this one. Context is important.

I have a friend who played in the pit orchestra for Les Miz several years on Broadway--we had a good laugh during the quarterfinals broadcast over that comment. Also, maybe Jay has forgotten Cadets did an entire Les Miz show in 1989?