The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

I'm going to throw this out there. BK is always paaiinfully BORING to me. Like they play clean and have the parts and everything to deserve their placement, but have you noticed that the shows just don't get people excited? Madison deserves some of the hype but top 6 would be scary because you have such powerhouses like BD, Cadets, Crown, Cavies, Bloo, SCV, Phantom. That's 6 right there and they haven't moved in YEARS!! It would be fun but it's gonna be tough for any corps to get up there.

• Like 4

The question is, if they're going to move up -- just who's going to be moving down?

It's no longer the top 3 -- it's more like top 7 or (thunderclap) 8.

They're not going to move up. They built a skyscraper, and then it came crashing down. They have no where to go.

• Like 2

They're not going to move up. They built a skyscraper, and then it came crashing down. They have no where to go.

What are you talking about?

• Like 2

I have no connection whatever to the Madison organization, but I find this comment referencing crashing skyscrapers to be offensive....given Madison's theme this year.

:thumbdown:

• Like 2

You built a reply... but then it came crashing down. You have nowhere to go.

• Like 8

You built a reply... but then it came crashing down. You have nowhere to go.

:thumbup: Simply an awesome response! :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm going to throw this out there. BK is always paaiinfully BORING to me. Like they play clean and have the parts and everything to deserve their placement, but have you noticed that the shows just don't get people excited? Madison deserves some of the hype but top 6 would be scary because you have such powerhouses like BD, Cadets, Crown, Cavies, Bloo, SCV, Phantom. That's 6 right there and they haven't moved in YEARS!! It would be fun but it's gonna be tough for any corps to get up there.

Phantom drop to 9 in 09. SCV 05 08 and 10 all outside the top 6. Theres a chance if they are good enough that they could take 6th.That is if those groups have an off year. (I dont see SCV with this new staff dropping

Edited by MotorCityMusician

To each his own, in the end BK's shows the past few years have been among my favorites in each of those seasons.

Madison BK and Boston are all pushing hard to move up, will Cavies, Phantom and/or Bloo drop out of the top 6? and if one, or several, do who would move up?

• Like 1

I'll take a stab at those outside the top 12 and/or gunning for that finalist spot:

13. The Academy (I disliked thier show and really disliked thier new uniforms; but I didn't dislike thier talent)

14. Crossmen (lots of cool things happening down in San Antonio. Pretty impressed with them last year. If they continue on bringing back Crossmen style jazz, they will be movin' on back up)

15. Glassmen (Yawn; but good enough for a solid spot in the Friday show)

16. Colts (Another talented corps that's a definite for a top 17 position)

17. The Troopers (Talented corps; but last year's show was a huge snooze)

18. Pacific Crest (As usual, so close; but just can't punch into the Friday show)

19. The Mandarins/ Jersey Surf (The Mandarins proved to be quite a feisty lot last year)

20. The Mandarins/ Jersey Surf (Jersey Surf seems poised to make a move)

21. Teal Sound (I'm just not sold on thier programming; all of the b******t that's been surrounding them might take a toll on thier talent and size)

22. Seattle Cascades (Smaller Division 1 corps, as seen this past summer, and just bad programming. Way over the top themes that don't work)

23. Pioneer (Smallest of the Division 1 corps, lack of talent, and same old programming will, sadly, keep Pioneer in thier annual position)

**Note! Possible advancing Div II and III corps not included in ranking.**

Edited by shortn'sour

Might as well take a stab at the top 12, too:

1. The Cadets (if they keep this fresh yet retro thing going on, they will enjoy another nice ride to the top)

2. The Blue Devils

3. The Cavaliers

4. Santa Clara Vanguard (this will only be attained with programming. The talent is there)

5. Phantom Regiment/Carolina Crown

6. Phantom Regiment/Carolina Crown

7. Madison Scouts (bold move; but will crash the party)

8. Bluecoats (lost too much this past season to hang onto a top 7 finish)

9. Boston Crusaders/Blue Stars

10. Boston Crusaders/Blue Stars

11. Blue Knights

12. Spirit of Atlanta (one of my favorite shows last summer; but I just can't see them getting any higher than 12).