The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

I don't think anybody gets it, but I for one love it. Rabid fans maybe? Its all ... good! IMO!

They certainly have the strongest fan base in my opinion. Even in their weaker years they stood behind their corps and that is a good thing. Too many times have we seen a corps fan base just give up on them.... too many corps that ended in the dust bin of DCI history. Something I don't think would ever happen to the Scouts.

• Like 1

They certainly have the strongest fan base in my opinion. Even in their weaker years they stood behind their corps and that is a good thing. Too many times have we seen a corps fan base just give up on them.... too many corps that ended in the dust bin of DCI history. Something I don't think would ever happen to the Scouts.

CAME VERY CLOSE A FEW TIMES.

ALSO HAD SOME VERY LEAN YEARS .

ALL DCI corps have a huge fan base. Scouts are not any different.

• Like 1

A drumline will do a 540 degree back stick. Something that goes past the 360 degrees of a "Hi Mom." Don't know how possible it is, but it would be really cool! lol

• Like 1

I'm going to throw this out there. BK is always paaiinfully BORING to me. Like they play clean and have the parts and everything to deserve their placement, but have you noticed that the shows just don't get people excited? Madison deserves some of the hype but top 6 would be scary because you have such powerhouses like BD, Cadets, Crown, Cavies, Bloo, SCV, Phantom. That's 6 right there and they haven't moved in YEARS!! It would be fun but it's gonna be tough for any corps to get up there.

Have you even seen a BK show since 2009? They've really reinvented themselves.

• Like 2

It has been crazy, lets just say from 2000 till now.

Lets see,

2000 - 2002 - Scott Stewart

2003 - Bob Wall

2004 - 2006 - Sal Salas ( I am going to throw in Micheal Cesario, he was really involved those years)

2007 - Jeff Spanos

2008 - ? I forget the board Pres. name, but I think it is Andy Miller who took over for a short time. Don't hold me to that one cause I think I am wrong.

2009 - 2011 - Cris Komnik ( I am gonna throw in Dan Peterson, very important guy to the Madison Scouts!)

Yep... the last 12 years have been crazy. I am real glad to predict that the Corps is going to compete for the 2012 DCI World Championship, and they are going to keep trying until they get it back. That... I can predict!

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

This I Believe

Spirit isn't going anywhere I don't believe. There wasn't many age outs and unless another corps takes a nose dive, I can't see bones coming back next year. (politics. I know they deserve it. But didn't we all say it last year?)

Have you even seen a BK show since 2009? They've really reinvented themselves.

I marched 09. The best part of that (Umm "Shiver: Winter in colorado" correct me if i'm wrong) was that their guard was hot. Like the shows are overall "good" but is there a moment that makes you want to go "WOOOOO". Like 2010 BD, it just feels like the golf clap is the best I can give them. You had 08 spartacus, 09 crown's whole show, blue stars awesome, BD was better then we allow, cadets not talking, bluecoats imagine. 2010 cavies, bloo, phantoms show, scouts hit, cadets were pretty good. BK IMO is kind of like SCV recently. Look at the Bartok. That's not a show that you go "i want the cd so i can hear that over and over again". It doesn't give you chills and make you remember why you love DCI and what it's all about.

• Like 2

I marched 09. The best part of that (Umm "Shiver: Winter in colorado" correct me if i'm wrong) was that their guard was hot. Like the shows are overall "good" but is there a moment that makes you want to go "WOOOOO". Like 2010 BD, it just feels like the golf clap is the best I can give them. You had 08 spartacus, 09 crown's whole show, blue stars awesome, BD was better then we allow, cadets not talking, bluecoats imagine. 2010 cavies, bloo, phantoms show, scouts hit, cadets were pretty good. BK IMO is kind of like SCV recently. Look at the Bartok. That's not a show that you go "i want the cd so i can hear that over and over again". It doesn't give you chills and make you remember why you love DCI and what it's all about.

IMO the shows that you have to watch more than once to get and understand are the most special. 2010 BD and 2010 SCV are actually my favorite shows from that year because of how unique and non cookie cutter show program they possess. many people have different tastes and thats why theres so many different programs each year to enjoy. theres always "WHOOOO" moments in each show, you just gotta be look for them. they can range from being loud, impact moments that we love or the most executed, perfect technique moments that are so good it makes us giggle at how good it is.

• Like 4

You are entitled to your opinion... but have you seen BK the past two years? I thought the shows were EXTREMELY enjoyable, and are no longer kinda out there as some people would say. They played great music, and have really started connecting to the crowd lately.

• Like 1

I just wish the judging community and BD put more value on visual (drill)difficulty.

Call me in the minority if you want but even though their drill is not the same as 2004 or even 2005, difficulty is still there. Some stuff in BD 2011 looks painful to rep over and over again. So I don't doubt BD has some tough visual resposibilities but they make it look easy (which I am sure it's not).

Just my opinion, that's all.

• Like 5