The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

<humor tag: Because we need to use them on DCP>

I, DCIHasBeen, have peered into my crystal ball (while drinking a bottle of Cristal or something), and have seen the future.

In the year 2012:

1) A corps will make a uniform change that will delight/inspire some, while evoking rage and anger from others.

2) A perennial favorite will make a bid for the DCI World Championship title and loose, evoking rage and anger from some, while others will be delighted and overjoyed with the outcome.

3) A perennial favorite will make a bid for the DCI World Championship title and win, evoking rage and anger from some, while others will be delighted and overjoyed with the outcome.

4) A corps will make a movement up or down in placement that will delight/inspire some, while evoking rage and anger from others.

5) The Blue Knights will continue to do that strange salute with the tip-toe-thingy that delight/inspire some, while leaving others completely perplexed.

6) The Blue Devils will be accused of something or other, by someone or other, and there will be much discussion on DCP that will, in the end, mean nothing.

7) In the end, it will all be George Hopkins' fault, because it is always George Hopkins' fault, and it will always be George Hopkins' fault, as long as there is a Hopkins to find fault with.

8) Dennis DeLucia will continue to look 50 years younger than his actual age, and cause continued conjecture about there being a portrait in his attic that looks very, very, old.

9) Michael Cesario will continue to make "Wonderful" a seven syllable word, and this, after all, is as it should be.

10) Rondo will not only continue to be reliable, but he will also continue to have great hair. This is also as it should be.

Thus has it ever been, thus shall it ever be...

</humor>

ding ding ding ding! tell him what he wins bob! :thumbup:

I predict I will be entertained.

I predict that with INT I will find my thirst quenced, and my cupeth not runneth over.

Edited by BRASSO

Plan 9 - Defender of all things Blue Devil! The new GMichael!

Actually Fred, being compared to GMichael is an honor and makes my leg all tingly ($1 to Chris Mathews). :lookaround:

As far as calling any drum corps performance "awful".... and then suggesting an in-depth analysis would only light the fires of DCPand therefore held back, reveals there's more than a few snakes floating around in that cranium.

At least BK doesn't get last place every year.

Also, if you're going to dis on how entertaining a corps is, don't make the corps you march obvious, and if you're going to make it obvious, make sure the shows you march are actually entertaining and has "WOOOOO" moments itself.

I assume you meant Pio? If you don't know the story behind my corps movements then i understand that comment. If you do then you'd never say anything to me about what corps i march with. (PM me if you want). And I agree the shows I've marched never had extremely WOOO moments. I can proudly admit that. But don't you ever, ever disrespect where I've marched without understanding my story.

• Like 5

Actually Fred, being compared to GMichael is an honor and makes my leg all tingly ($1 to Chris Mathews). :lookaround:

As far as calling any drum corps performance "awful".... and then suggesting an in-depth analysis would only light the fires of DCPand therefore held back, reveals there's more than a few snakes floating around in that cranium.

Maybe not an entire show being awful, but i'm sure DCP would admit there have been awful moments. NOT directed at BD. Kind of just an overarching statement of the history of DCI.

• Like 3

I assume you meant Pio? If you don't know the story behind my corps movements then i understand that comment. If you do then you'd never say anything to me about what corps i march with. (PM me if you want). And I agree the shows I've marched never had extremely WOOO moments. I can proudly admit that. But don't you ever, ever disrespect where I've marched without understanding my story.

If you don't want disrespect, then don't disrespect others.

• Like 4

I'll play:

1) Cavaliers-- Will do something even more macho and athletic. Maybe Cowboys and Aliens

2) BD's -- As usual, in the hunt

3) Cadets-- Can't do 2 in a row any more IMO. Love them though!

4) PR-- The guard was holding them back before but now is an asset. Integrate the GE visual and you move up.

5) Crown-- Sorry. Don't see a move up here.

6) SCV--Solid

7) Bluecoats-- Will do something completely different this time and may move up from here

8) Madison-- Makes a big jump doing more of what they do best. Still need to get the guard more integrated into the show

9) Boston

10) BK

11) Stars

12) Troopers

Got lazy at the end with reasons. Just 'cause. I also don't expect it to be quite such a nail-biter at the top which is a shame.

Edited by Wadep66
  • Like 2

Sorry I am not a fan of screaming trumpets(I am a trumpet) the entire show. I don't like there to be 2 brass volumes(Loud and Not playing). I don't like scatter drill constantly, nor do I really like it at all. Its not entertaining to do nor watch. Not to mention having a seizure every time you look at the guard fun either. There I justified myself to make you happy, and don't drag on the topic.

Prediction - The summer will be hot and many corps members will rehearse shirtless.

• Like 1