18. Pacific Crest

19. Oregon Crusaders

20. Teal Sound

21. Blue Devils B

22. Cascades

23. Spartans

24. Pioneer

25. Genesis

Swap Bluecoats and Boston. Then swap Madison and Blue Stars and I think you will have a more realistic list.

Edited by bmjfelts1988
  • Like 2

<Out of curiosity, when's the last time you heard a corps play anything in B or E major? >

Ah...a challenge -

Bruckner...HEY BRUCKNER! We need you down here...And like Batman, when we need help that only Bruckner can provide, we have to shine to Bruckner light symbol in the sky, and curiously, it looks JUST LIKE the moon. Of course, this makes perfect sense, because Bruckner is an old bald white dude...

So - Bruckner - your symbol has been shone - and so the poor denizens of DCP City need to know: In what OTHER keys have corps played? Any B or E major out there? I believe the implication of the young upstart fresh out of the two year theory block is that Crown (and all drum corps) only play in the easy keys.

Bring down the truth-o-meter, o diviner of harmonic truth!

• Like 1

1. Wausau Story

2. Greece Cadets

3. Bengal Lancers

4. Saginaires

5. Cardinals of Precious Blood

6. (Tie) Marion Cadets and Black Watch

7. Empire State Express

8. Emerald Knights

9. General Putnams Men

10.Midshipman

11.Blue Stars

Don't forget

Belles of St. Mary and the West Allis Wrnaglers!

<Out of curiosity, when's the last time you heard a corps play anything in B or E major? >

Ah...a challenge -

Bruckner...HEY BRUCKNER! We need you down here...And like Batman, when we need help that only Bruckner can provide, we have to shine to Bruckner light symbol in the sky, and curiously, it looks JUST LIKE the moon. Of course, this makes perfect sense, because Bruckner is an old bald white dude...

So - Bruckner - your symbol has been shone - and so the poor denizens of DCP City need to know: In what OTHER keys have corps played? Any B or E major out there? I believe the implication of the young upstart fresh out of the two year theory block is that Crown (and all drum corps) only play in the easy keys.

Bring down the truth-o-meter, o diviner of harmonic truth!

HA! FHDork, I've given up on these types of things; ya know, educating the DCP readers about intonation, keys, acoustics, etc. You should read my DCP inbox sometime...from that alone I've learned "OK, why do I bother?" There are plenty of others willing to spew forth their "version" of what they hear and know. There's no point in adding my version as well...especially since I have already done so.

There are many examples of E Major chord being used, since it's a tritone away from Bb, and every corps has done that progression a few times. But that doesn't qualify as being "in E Major." Same can be said for B Major being tritone away from F. As you know, I don't actively listen to drum corps anymore.

At least there's precedent for Crown finishing in 7th. He also predicted SCV in 9th...which has never happened.

This is very misleading.

They've finished 8th once and 7th I think 4 or 5 times. It's not unreasonable (based solely on past placements) to suggest they could finish 9th (even if it is technically unprecedented). FWIW I don't see SCV finishing 9th :-)

Anyway 7th place is a consistently popular spot for some prognosticators to place Crown. Fortunately they are also consistently wrong.

Give me one good reason why they cant end in 7th. Because I already have my answer for you PR 08 to PR 09.

Ummm..because they're consistently better than 7th place?

I know it would make some happy to see Crown fall from contention but I just don't see it happening. The "what" and "how" coming out of Fort Mill is championship quality. IMO it's now just a matter of hitting the mark with the judges. Let's hope 2012 is when that happens!!

• Like 2

This is very misleading.

They've finished 8th once and 7th I think 4 or 5 times. It's not unreasonable (based solely on past placements) to suggest they could finish 9th (even if it is technically unprecedented). FWIW I don't see SCV finishing 9th :-)

Anyway 7th place is a consistently popular spot for some prognosticators to place Crown. Fortunately they are also consistently wrong.

Ummm..because they're consistently better than 7th place?

I know it would make some happy to see Crown fall from contention but I just don't see it happening. The "what" and "how" coming out of Fort Mill is championship quality. IMO it's now just a matter of hitting the mark with the judges. Let's hope 2012 is when that happens!!

I am thinking this is Crown's year, but I am hoping not and that it is one of my years I hope I am marching there :D /selfish haha

• Like 1

Blue Devils will come back and win the title again only increasing the space in their trophy case

...and all of the BD haters will swarm DCP to complain about how rigged DCI is and how bad BD was and DCP will once again have over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 registered users logged on per day. You see? BD's wins are ALL a conspiracy to get more traffic on DCP. So if you don't like BD winning, just blame DCP (extreme sarcasm here mods...at least the conspiracy part was...so please don't ban me).

Though seriously............................AM I........................................................................the only one who has noticed that DCP is strangely slow lately? Especially for the off season where every drum corps junkie (I included) are so board that this is the only place where we can get our fix?

Edited by stevedb1975

...and all of the BD haters will swarm DCP to complain about how rigged DCI is and how bad BD was and DCP will once again have over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 registered users logged on per day. You see? BD's wins are ALL a conspiracy to get more traffic on DCP. So if you don't like BD winning, just blame DCP (extreme sarcasm here mods...at least the conspiracy part was...so please don't ban me).

Though seriously............................AM I........................................................................the only one who has noticed that DCP is strangely slow lately? Especially for the off season where every drum corps junkie (I included) are so board that this is the only place where we can get our fix?

Ya think? Very slow... you are not the only one. The whole off season has been drab. Its so sad with the kind of season 2011 was... A buddy and I were just saying the same thing... there could and should be so much more! You know it's bad when my buddy is asking me why I have not been posting... IMO... ah, forget it.

• Like 1