22. Jersey Surf
  23. Pioneer

• Like 2

Updated as more corps announce reps:

1.) Cadets- I know 12.25 is weird, but the Cadets know how to sell a show

2.) SCV- with that team and that show, easily attainable

3.) Crown- Don't see why not

4.) Devs- any lower would be stupid

5.) Bluecoats- fix some visual issues, which helps, but hornline misses the mark

6.) Cavies- I know, they're the Green Machine, but drill design has been holding back Academy, can we not expect the same at Cavs?

7.) Phantom- Seems like a safe place for them to end up in

8.) Madison- Back with the big boys

9.) Boston- Sorry, maybe back in the TOC next year, but someone has to slip

10.) Blue Stars- trying to build back up to Top 8, but it's a process

11.) BK- still entertaining, and moving in the right direction, but only so much room at the top

12.) Academy- new brass program pushes them into Finals

13.) Sprit- very close, but the opposite of 2007 where Academy pushes by

14.) Colts- Why not?

15.) Glassmen- need to find a new direction, I think

16.) Crossmen- finding their style, but Texas gets picked kind of dry by every other corps, need something to push them back to Finals

17.) Troopers- don't get me wrong, I love these guys, but the top 15 gets pretty stacked up every year

18.) PC- they seem to be pretty consistent around this area

19.) OC- their first Open Class Title?

20.) SCVC- it could happen

21.) Jersey Surf- starting to really find their World Class stride

22.) BDB- close to Surf, but just smidge under

23.) Teal Sound- new staff, could be shaky

24.) Pioneer- I want them in prelims

25.) Mandarins- Just cause, they just seem to be a corps without a complete product

These could be right, they could be wrong. Won't know till August, but it's fun to spit-ball ideas

• Like 4

6.) Cavies- I know, they're the Green Machine, but drill design has been holding back Academy, can we not expect the same at Cavs?

FSUBONE,

I'll start by saying, The Academy is my local drum corps, I attend their local shows, attend their concerts and picnics, donate to the uniform/gas funds, raffles, etc....BUT, and I say this meaning no disrespect.The talent level and experience of the Academy members/staff as a whole does not compare to that of the Cavaliers. To say that the product Hinshaw produced at the Academy will be the same as he'll produce at the Cavaliers is kind of underestimating Hinshaw and the Cavaliers organization.

With the Cavies, Hinshaw is surrounded by a design team that knows what it takes to win/succeed. I know for a fact he's working in conjunction with Tommy Allen, he also knows that all eyes will be on him to see how he compares to Gaines. In quotes on the Cavies press release he even mentions the tradition and history of the Cavies drill designers (ie..Brubaker, Gaines) as well as how excited he is to work at the next level and design for a corps with so much talent. Besides that, Gaines is just a phone call away if any advice is needed.

If you take one of the greatest college basketball coaches of all time Mike Krzyzewski of Duke and replace his current roster with that of, for example, a lower Division I college as well as their assistant coaches, there's only so much he can get out of that particular talent/staff. His coaching abilities will only get him so far without the talent and resources he's used to surrounding himself with.

Give Hinshaw and the Cavies the benefit of the doubt before dropping them to their lowest ranking in 15 years.

PS: very proud of the Academy and what they have accomplished in bringing drum corps to the Valley of the Sun, see you in June!!!

Edited by GREENBLUE

FSUBONE,

I'll start by saying, The Academy is my local drum corps, I attend their local shows, attend their concerts and picnics, donate to the uniform/gas funds, raffles, etc....BUT, and I say this meaning no disrespect.The talent level and experience of the Academy members/staff as a whole does not compare to that of the Cavaliers. To say that the product Hinshaw produced at the Academy will be the same as he'll produce at the Cavaliers is kind of underestimating Hinshaw and the Cavaliers organization.

With the Cavies, Hinshaw is surrounded by a design team that knows what it takes to win/succeed. I know for a fact he's working in conjunction with Tommy Allen, he also knows that all eyes will be on him to see how he compares to Gaines. In quotes on the Cavies press release he even mentions the tradition and history of the Cavies drill designers (ie..Brubaker, Gaines) as well as how excited he is to work at the next level and design for a corps with so much talent. Besides that, Gaines is just a phone call away if any advice is needed.

If you take one of the greatest college basketball coaches of all time Mike Krzyzewski of Duke and replace his current roster with that of, for example, a lower Division I college as well as their assistant coaches, there's only so much he can get out of that particular talent/staff. His coaching abilities will only get him so far without the talent and resources he's used to surrounding himself with.

Give Hinshaw and the Cavies the benefit of the doubt before dropping them to their lowest ranking in 15 years.

PS: very proud of the Academy and what they have accomplished in bringing drum corps to the Valley of the Sun, see you in June!!!

I guess I understand what you're saying. Are the Cavaliers keeping their same visual staff, or is that changing with Gaines gone? I guess the way I've seen it performing against and watching the Academy since their move to World Class, it has been their visual design keeping them out of Finals (except 2007, where I feel they got shafted). And if visual design is a problem, wouldn't that still effect the Cavaliers? You can have the best staff in the world, but if a show is a sub-par design, it won't go as far. For reference, check out Phantom 09. Coming off the championship, where they kept pretty much all of their staff, they had a show with a very poor design, and it tanked them. I know the Cavaliers have a knack for pumping out great, consistent shows, and pushing to the end of the season, but I just see them slipping a bit. Maybe 6th is a bit far, but I just see them not in medal contention. But then again, it's February, so what do any of us know about how the season will shape up?

Hope it's not too hot in Mesa this year. Last time I performed there, it was 103 when we performed, that was disgusting. Cool show though with great fans in Arizona. See you there

1. Cadets- Cadets know how to sale weird shows! It's just too bad my favorite corps is playing music I hate! ( Christmas Music! Yuck!)

2. Cavaliers- They will be fine visually. A fresh visual approach will do the Cavaliers good.

3. Blue Devils- With the new judging system, visual content means something again! It will be great to see the Devils march a more difficult show.

4. BlueCoats- They have had to have learned a lesson from last year.

5. Vanguard- Drums will be better this year. I see them moving up!

5. Crown- One of my favorite shows last year! One of my favorite corps! But, So many staff changes!

7. Phantom-

8. Madison- New Guard Staff, New Drum Staff! could go higher!

9. Blue Stars-

9. Boston-

11. Blue Knights- I don't know! It's February

12. Spirit-

13. Colts-

14. Glassmen

15. Troopers

16. Crossmen

17. Academy

18. Jersey Surf

19. Oregon Crusaders

20. Pacific Crest

21. Vanguard Cadets

22. Devils B

23.Mandarin

24. Teal Sound

25. Pioneer

Based on nothing!

• Like 3

I didn't think my trolling could get any more obvious. Guess you need some work in that retrospect.

Oh I get it now... you're a fraud that is just trolling. Son of a gun. You fooled us. Shame on us.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3