Annual DCI Post-Tour Garage Sale

They duct taped it together for finals. On Sunday, each half was presented by the baritone section leader to the baritone visual and brass tech.

Does each section of horns now have a visual tech of its own?

And does anyone have the backstory on how the horn ended up getting in a condition that made it expendable?

On Sunday, each half was presented by the baritone section leader to the baritone visual and brass tech.

Very Cool!!! :thumbup:

And does anyone have the backstory on how the horn ended up getting in a condition that made it expendable?

I heard it got run over by one of the buses earlier in the season.

Even back in the 80's each brass section had a vis tech.

I know that there was a baritone that lost in a baritone vs. pickup truck incident in a parking lot this summer. I had assumed that was the one thrown out in the pre-show.

• Like 1

From the Cadets Diary on the YEA.org site (posted July 30, 2011):

"Back in Salt Lake City, a baritone was unfortunately run over by a local soccer mom who was picking up her son from the school where The Cadets were rehearsing. It was a frustrating accident at the time, but there was nothing anyone could do, so the flattened baritone has lived in a closet on the admin/design bus… until now.

At the show last night, the demons drug the useless horn onto the field with them and threw it around a bit for extra shock factor. The audience was caught off-guard and some of the crowd seemed either concerned or even a little offended as the demons hurled the once musical piece of metal across the field. While The Cadets would never intentionally destroy a perfectly good Yamaha instrument, at least this one can still go to good use. After all, a demon should have a bit of an offensive, startling effect."

When I win the lottery, I want one of Crown's snares, tenors and bass drum. Those flames are righteous.

Edited by lameisrob

I was thinking after this season The Cadets would have a few "inverted" uniforms for anyone who wanted Maroon bibs with a white jacket...

I'd say Phantom has some extra poison for sale, but they ended up using it all up and didn't even save enough for Juliet!

They left no friendly drop to help her after?

I was thinking after this season The Cadets would have a few "inverted" uniforms for anyone who wanted Maroon bibs with a white jacket...

Yeah....what could the cadets possibly be doing with all those uniform parts that would Kind of look like a cadets uniform, but be the reversed colors? If only there was going to be a group next year that would want to wear such a thing. I just cant for the life of me fathom who would though.... :ph34r:

FTR - no real insider info from the corps...but does my assumption seem logical to anyone else???

• Like 1