Make Finals outdoors, PLEASE!

I don’t think any reasonable person with intact hearing would say that the Oil dome sounds as good as outdoor stadiums so this bickering about degrees of sound suckiness becomes tiresome

The question is really, is it worth it to the fans and the activity to give up the sound for the dome package?

I don’t know personally, I say no

I don’t know the details of the Indy deal or the pay-off but this is an activity where I thought sound mattered and that sound is a muddled mess. IMO, it makes a mockery of all the musical aspects corps attempt to achieve. It also makes many of the changes laughable like adding amps for proper pit technique

Visual has taken control of this activity but I doubt we’d accept a deal in a stadium where the majority of the seats have varying degrees of obstructed views and that is what we have to accept with sound

I dropped from Friend of DCI 5-pack in 2009 after hearing the dome to 1 night in 2010 and back to 3 nights of individual tickets for 2011

I came back for 2011 not because I think the sound is good but because the shows were better overall (IMO) and to cast a vote against the G-8 and I could get tickets in the area I would accept

How many days will I do in 2012?

Don’t know yet, it use to be an automatic 3 days at least booked a year in advance, now, its wait and see until August to decide which, is easy because its about a 3 hour drive for me, hotels are easy, don’t have to be vested in a trip ahead of time…made the call this year a week ou and only because I could obtain tickets in 1 of the 3 'almost acceptable to my ears sections'….same situation but involving a plane ticket or not getting the right seats - no way would I go

When I asked around other members of my corps after semis we pretty much all agreed that we love it in LoS. (roof closed please).

Not possible! Haven't you been reading some of the comments above? You're supposed to have hated the sound on the field and the echo that will haunt you until the day you are mercifully touched by the sweet sting of death. :shutup:

Not possible! Haven't you been reading some of the comments above? You're supposed to have hated the sound on the field and the echo that will haunt you until the day you are mercifully touched by the sweet sting of death. :shutup:

Uh oh, guess I should have paid more attention. Maybe we were too busy enjoying how awesome the air conditioning is :tongue:

I notice just as bad of an echo on Allentown's field as I do in the domes.

Awaiting reply.

I apologize, I missed the original post. No you did not say that, however, you refuse to acknowledge that people outside of your seating have legit concerns. It's been "sound was great where I was." awesome for you!! But many don't have your seat and are paying a lot for sound that's not good

except they have lost paying customers. Imagine that 17k this year was 20k with fans who stopped going because of the sound issues kept coming back.

I know, I know, logic always wins

Hey, if you bought a ticket, your opinion really doesn't matter. You spoke with your wallet. The only way to make an impact is to not attend and let DCI know you aren't attending. Until then, you still paid. Your ticket means as much as the high school freshman next to you who loved every minute of this crazy summer marching band thing he was dragged to. That's the truth. Your ticket means as much as theirs.

• Like 1

yet DCA continues a nice slow, steady growth, adding more corps over time.

imagine that

And it's good that those corps are there to provide solid life lessons in a competitive, healthy environment to the you-

Oh wait.

• Like 1

and if you don't buy the seats and suffer thru the bad sound, then you're evil for not supporting drum corps and a hater.

If you don't do it, people will call you names?

To me, that sounds exactly like peer pressure. :blink:

Now what did we learn about peer pressure in grade school, Jeff? :tongue:

Seriously, are you complaining about the sun shining now????

ANY open air stadium on EARTH has sun and shadows at any certain time, including DCI Finals for many decades before this... Man, just because Colts fans are pansies ..(they complain about the temperature being below 65 or above 75, or when the sun shines in Peyton's face..) all because they've been potty trained that football belongs in a dome and not the elements... but honestly, it doesn't mean drum corps fans should be the same way.

Seriously Michael? :thumbdown:

Sorry I only now saw your response to something I wrote.

And no, I wasn't complaining about the sun shining. I was simply stating what Splooie89 had stated when he sent the photos, that there was a lighting difference. I also wasn't the one who referred to an NFL team's fans as pansies. Where did you make the leap of logic that I'm complaining about the sun?

I apologize, I missed the original post. No you did not say that, however, you refuse to acknowledge that people outside of your seating have legit concerns. It's been "sound was great where I was." awesome for you!! But many don't have your seat and are paying a lot for sound that's not good

Thank you. But if you read my first reply (#5) to the original post, which was about the roof being open and not the sound beyond a certain yard line, you’ll see I was primarily talking about the need to not have a rain delay date in the event of a rainout. You tried turning the intent of the thread to something about the sound where people sit.

And then in post #32 I mentioned I would never tell anyone to “get over it.” And I mean that even for you, despite you taking Splooie89’s comments about the curtains, the weather potential and the stadium volume and putting words in his mouth by stating, “so in other words, pay $125 for ###### sound and like it.”

You keep coming back to comments like, “let's take the 3 biggest venues we have, and then have to change everything just for them as opposed to the other 30 shows we do. “ and “95% of the shows are outside,” not answering the statements put out about why we can no longer have a rain delay date…which is interesting only that in post #89 you tell camel lips, “Notice you ignored the post after mine talking about outdoor sporting events. Ya couldn't refute that so skip it right?”

You mentioned in post #147, “I have the luxury of teaching with two kids who just performed in there. They hated it.” I’m still waiting for you to tell MDBaritone (post#222) that they and their corps mates must have missed something to be able to comment after Semifinals that they “pretty much all agreed that we love it in LOS. (roof closed please.)” They even went on to mention they “notice just as bad an echo on Allentown’s field as I do in the domes.” I trust you won’t advocate we move out of Allentown to a stadium that doesn’t have that effect. ☺

So we’re back to what I didn’t write and what you did write. Apparently, this is one issue we will not agree upon. But I love you none-the-less.