Fan Network Webcast of DCA Prelims

MBI temporarily dethroned the Bucs? How did it happen? And who said they can do that? Just kidding. Hats off to MBI for a job well done.

Does anyone know if the replay versions will play on my IPad without flash? If so I will order it.

I've been doing live streaming for the DCI FN (which hosts the DCA FN) for a number of years now, and I hear similar statements about freezing. On the shoots I've done, we've never had a freeze on the broadcast site, even though we've heard comments about drops. I would say that 99.9999999% of the time it's the end users computer, web browser, Flash, their DSL/Cable Modem, or their ISP. The remaining .00000001% would be the connection between the computer in the booth and the internet.

Just my experience!

The unfortunate thing is ... We do our best to ensure that the signal leaving the stadium is top-shelf. After that, you and and everyone else on planet Earth are at the mercy of the internet, your ISP, your own equipment, etc. etc.

To answer a previous question. You must have Flash to see the video.

First time on the Fan Network, pushed it from my laptop to the big screen. It was slightly fuzzy upstairs and the sound didn't capture true surround. Infomercials, recaps and advertising is part of a web/TV broadcast, I have no problems exploiting drum corps with ads that promote its entertainment value to the public.

All in all, great job!!! Congratulations DCA for making this possible.

Quick question:

Did the Fan Netwoirk feed come from Box5?

Just wondering if the same vids (including foggy upper level camera) will also be on the DVDs...

I was wondering that too.

Foggy highcam and the multi cams didnt do a GREAT (good but not great) job of capturing the right moments. At times the multi cams would focus on horn members standing still when the guard or drums were working their tails off. (same can be said the other way around). Worth the 20 bucks and for the first ever stream it was a really good night!

that's why they have "editing"

fog is certainly not Box 5's fault and I'm sure it will be a consideration in editing... it was really more of a haze... 100% humidity was like the air weighed a ton...

but hey, that's part of drum corps...