Thank you drum corps

Just a huge thank you to everyone who wished me well over the weekend. If you weren't there, I've retired from DCA and will now concentrate on 6 grandchildren and getting healthier.

Special thanks to Gil Silva, DCA President who has put up with me all these years. (Not easy to do)

Fond thoughts for my other bosses and mentors: Vince Bruni and Mickey Petrone. I loved you guys and still do.

It's been a wild 50 plus year ride on the merry-go-round we call drum corps... will someone tell me why we didn't call it bugle corps? There's usually more horns.

Anyway from the first parade in 1954 or so till last night, I have no regrets and fantastic memories.

I thank each and every one of you who at any time contributed to this activity we all love.

prdirector@dcacorps.org now goes to Dave Hobart

tom@dcacorps.org will be discontinued

but feel free to contact me any time

tpeashey@rochester.rr.com

Thank you all and Thank you drum corps

Thank you Tom and all you have done for our activity...Good luck with your future, stay safe, and good health..."Bugle" corps is already missing you! :)

Thank you, Tom!!!!

Hi Tom. Best wishes in your "retirement". Dave has some big shoes to fill. I have always appreciated your level-headed, well reasoned answers on behalf of DCA to questions and issues that people have raised over the years in this forum.

I took note of your comment about working to improve your health, which is fantastic. Will we see you on TV winning the Biggest Loser:))

Good luck man.

Tom, thank you for your friendship and for your advice and discussions. Also the trivia that you and Hoppe can come up with. Enjoy it! I love being with my wife everyday although I will always have a spot in my heart for our activity.

My very best to you Tom!

Thank you Tom and please concentrate on that getting healthier part....

Tom....

WOW....I was not aware of your retirement.

In honor of this special occaision, I grant you 1 lawnchair joke!!!

(But don't you dare use this year, because I was clearly not a "lawnchair soloist")! LOL

From the bottom of my heart Tom....I wish you nothing but the best in the future years to come for you and your family.

• Like 1

Tom,

Congrats on your retirement!

While the Drum Corps fraternity will miss your calming and measured demeanor, I for one am happy that you have your priorities set right.

Thank you for welcoming me back into the Drum Corps fold in '98, and all the help and guidance you've given me since...

You'll be missed, my friend!

Take care of yourself,

If any of you actually believe this..... :)

...there will be a fundraiser, bingo game, contest or program book that can't get along without Tom somewhere in 2012. Look for the line that says "consultant - Tom Peashey" on it :)

...even if it goes "uncredited" (like so many other things over the years where Tom just "did" and left the credit part to others to sort out), you and I both know that he'll still have the "Bat Phone" at the ready and will find it as hard to say no in this round of retirement as he did the last four.

Without Tom Peashey, I don't do drum corps. Period. He was there at my first practice for the Patriot Cadets in 1979 at John Marshall High School. He handed me my first drum and pair of sticks (the drum was soo big and the sticks were too!) He and Karen picked me up 100 times to drive me to rehearsal over the years. He gave me a job at the Bingo Hall when I was 15 so I could put a few bucks in my pocket (and let me put on my dci cassettes over the PA while I cleaned). He made sure I had a home in the corps even when I was a pain in the butt (and I was), came out to offer support when it came to job and family, and invited me into his home whether it was in Rochester, NY or Seattle, WA. I watched more tennis with Karen than I did with my own family.

I was proud to be a part of his PR team at DCA for several years and even more proud to be there as his guest during his HOF induction. Mostly, i am glad to call him my friend. Tom is one of those "2 a.m." guys in my life....one of the people who, when life hits you with all it can, at 2 o' clock in the morning, and you can pick up the phone and call...and know he will answer the phone.

Am I smiling when it comes to "passing the torch"? Absolutely. Does he deserve a little retirement after 57 years of this "drum corps thing"? Sure.

Do I believe it for a second?

Do you?

All the best "Mr Peashey"