Suggestions for Empire for 2012

2012 Empire Suggestions  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What "passed on" celebrity would be a good show for 2012?

• Amy Winehouse - pop music star
    • Peter Falk - Columbo
    • Clarence Clemons - sax player for Bruce
    • Randy Savage - WWF wrestler
    • Elizabeth Taylor
    • Nate Dogg - hip hop legend
    • Jack Lalanne - fitness guru
    • Gerry Rafferty - Stuck In The Middle With You
    • All of the above

"All Estefan" the music of Miami sound machine "Statesmen Style" of course. (would fit the Cabs perfectly too.) Feel the Rythem of the Beat??

Edited by melligene

About 3-4 years ago I mentioned the Music of Burt Bacharach to David...I guess that will have to wait a few years now.

• Like 1

Oh Yeahhh, Randy Macho Man Savage

you can do the Steamboat match at WM III, Jake the Snake and the cobra biteangle, the wedding with Elizabeth and the nWo

I like where you're going with this.

knowing full well I gave some Empire staffers some, uh, tasteless suggestions for the MJ show ( which they howled about)...can you see David in a robe like Macho Man? With hair extensions, the beard and shades? he can even give commands in the Mach Man voice.

oh I forgot the WM4 match against DiBiase...hmmm who plays Hogan, Virgil and Andre?

Joey could cameo as the Honky Tonk Man :tongue:

Empire has to have a prop, so a big ### ring in the back is the way to go.

oh give me time, I could format this whole show and find music to go with it :devil:

(not that I expect Empire to do anything with it...I'd love to see a redo of 2001 with the talent they have there now. Great show, hard working corps, just got it rolling too late to get it fully clean)

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an idea....

Take the top horn bands since the 60's and put it into a show. Tower of Power, Chicago, Blood, Sweat and Tears, Earth, Wind and Fire, Ides of March, Lighthouse.

Great opening using the Ides of March Reunion intro (listen to it). A ballad from Chicago or EWF.

OR how about a All Joey Pero show!

I think an East Coast/West Coast, Biggie vs 2Pac show would be very interesting.

Actually this would be great.

Renegades and Empire on the field together as East vs. West. Something along the the lines of what the Cadets did this year.

Just as long as they don't do the Notorious B.I.G / Miley Cyrus "Party in the USA" remix.

I voted for the Clarence Clemons tribute though.

I think that Statemen is most successful when they are able to find a theme that can really be played up visually and musically (to the point of almost being over the top).

3 ideas that might work well for them are:

Hair (The musical) - Aquarius / Let the Sunshine in would be a show stopper

Sunset Boulevard - so much could be done with the Black and white movie, aging film star, silent movie themes inherent to this musical.

Hooray for Hollywood - Celebrating Hollywood in all its glory - from blockbuster movie themes, to slapstick comedy, to horror movies to the paparazzi (insert Lady Gaga song here) - there's alot that Statesmen could do with this

Later,

Mike