What a relief to learn...

CBSChicago is reporting today than a man with a " Samaurai sword" in plaid shorts attire was ( quote ) " marching like a Drum Major" down a highway out in the midwest swinging his sword around and dancing, etc before being stopped and arrested. Those were the headlines. All I could think of immediately was.... yes you guessed it.

Then I read that the poor soul was 43, and he was from Indiana and apparently this midwesterner is in no way connected to the You Know Who Corps.

Whew.... thats a relief anyway. We wish him well getting help here. ( I'm not good at linking. Maybe someone else can link the story to here with the headline. Its from " CBSChicago" and on its front page now.)

Edited by BRASSO

CBSChicago is reporting today than a man with a " Samaurai sword" in plaid shorts attire was ( quote ) " marching like a Drum Major" down a highway out in the midwest swinging his sword around and dancing, etc before being stopped and arrested. Those were the headlines. All I could think of immediately was.... yes you guessed it.

Then I read that the poor soul was 43, and he was from Indiana and apparently this midwesterner is in no way connected to the You Know Who Corps.

Whew.... thats a relief anyway. We wish him well getting help here. ( I'm not good at linking. Maybe someone else can link the story to here with the headline. Its from " CBSChicago" and on its front page now.)

Here's a link to the CBSChicago site.

It wasn't Minnesota Brass's Viking King making his way home was it?

:tongue:

• Like 1

Considering the location in NE Indiana, I'm just glad the perp's name wasn't Boo.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor
  • Like 2

Considering the location in NE Indiana, I'm just glad the perp's name wasn't Boo.

Garry in Vegas

Oh, that was just Walter. He's harmless.

Perhaps this person read the comments about "theme shows" and Archer Epler doing the King and I. However. as I foggily recall, the King character wore leopard spots, not plaid.

Seriously, these are not isolated events and my level of sympathy would differ between mentally ill people and meth and coke addicts. They all need help, but in different ways. I apologize if I'm being preachy.

Kevin

I strongly disagree. All art builds on what others have done. There is nothing original, thank goodness, because if there was, only one entity would be creating it. Did Stravinsky, Bach, Mozart, Holsinger, etc have musical inspiration from other teachers and composers?

I was always told the secret to creativity was hiding your sources... :tongue:

Cuckoo for cocoa puffs!

No dalmation kilt ?