Phantom 2012

164 members have voted

1. 1. top 6, even with new satf?

• yes
    • no

I really hope PR does well this coming year! I love their musical choices and their uniforms and everything about PR! t wouldn't be the same without Phantom Regiment in the top half if not the top 3!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It will certainly be interesting to see how it shakes out between Phantom and SCV.

My guess is SCV will take Phantom and bump them out of the top 6. I love Phantom, but SCV has been very busy this off-season getting quality staff. And it will pay off for SCV.

As long as Phantom stays away from the design problems that plagued them in 2009, they should be fine. And if I remember correctly, at this point in the preseason last year a lot of you were predicting them dropping 2011. Any prediction this early is pure conjecture. But, there is plenty of room for error with the amount of change that's occurred in Rockford.

will phantom be able to continue their inspiring performances with the new staff and continue to be in the top 6?

No. Without JD Shaw and Paul Rennick the likely scenario is Phantom Regiment will be attacked and mauled by a pack of bears before their first show, and will never again be able to perform inspirationally. A little known fact is that Mr. Shaw was, in addition to his brass instructor/arranger role, the chief corps protector against bears and Mr. Rennick was, in addition to his percussion instructor/arranger role, the chief diversionary administrator against the bear attacks. In their absence, the only path ahead for Phantom Regiment is bear food

• Like 4

No. Without JD Shaw and Paul Rennick the likely scenario is Phantom Regiment will be attacked and mauled by a pack of bears before their first show, and will never again be able to perform inspirationally. A little known fact is that Mr. Shaw was, in addition to his brass instructor/arranger role, the chief corps protector against bears and Mr. Rennick was, in addition to his percussion instructor/arranger role, the chief diversionary administrator against the bear attacks. In their absence, the only path ahead for Phantom Regiment is bear food

This is just ridiculous.. Everyone knows that Bears come from Chicago and last time I checked they would have to pass through Rosemont before they got to Rockford... So if anything The Cavaliers should be worried because they dont have Gaines to protect them anymore

• Like 2

GO BEARS

• Like 1

As long as Phantom stays away from the design problems that plagued them in 2009, they should be fine. And if I remember correctly, at this point in the preseason last year a lot of you were predicting them dropping 2011. Any prediction this early is pure conjecture. But, there is plenty of room for error with the amount of change that's occurred in Rockford.

That was before we knew they'd play 3 ballads and get away with it.

• Like 2

GO BEARS

WHO dat ?

Here I was looking for a Capt. Obvious emoticon to to reply to the OP with .......but yet you make it look so graceful yet so different and so much nicer. :doh:

Just wondering aloud here – but Regtiment 2009 wasn’t just a visual disaster it was also one of their weakest musical books in the past 30 years and 2010 was only a slight step up musically but killer visually (just not fully achieved)

In many ways, those shows felt not very Regiment, as if the Regiment leash was relaxed due to the success of 2008 perhaps? I had figured they were a bit California bandy but the horn book of 2009 reeks of an arranger flexing their chops and trying different styles (which was the musical point of that show after all)

So who really was responsible for Regiment 2009 as far as design?

maybe, working under the Regiment style has been a benefit and once given free reign, short comings will be exposed as they get lost in the woods because I also see SCV 2011’s major flaw as poor design choice with regards to music selection – as it seems as if the entire show was written around the drum line and the selection of Devils Staircase (which would have been fine for a drum solo but not an entire show)

Often ‘artists’ need editors, direction and an honest opinion to keep them on track and their head out of their own ###

Not saying this is the case here (SCV 2012) but it will be interesting to watch

• Like 1