Cadets perform for the UN as the introduction for President Obama!

There it is!!! No more debate!!! The President of the United States just made it official!!! The Cadets are actually an All-Star Marching Band!!!

I also thought they moved to Allentown?...but according to President Obama...The Cadets are some "All-Star High School Marching Band Folks from Bergen County." :tongue:

Well Obama could have called them a string quartet....doesn't take away what a great opportunity that was for The Cadets and the activity.

Sure it would have been great for Obama to say a drum corps....but seriously......with what is going on in the counrty and the world right now I'm sure Obama has bigger things going through his mind........get a grip people

• Like 2

Well Obama could have called them a string quartet....doesn't take away what a great opportunity that was for The Cadets and the activity.

Sure it would have been great for Obama to say a drum corps....but seriously......with what is going on in the counrty and the world right now I'm sure Obama has bigger things going through his mind........get a grip people

well said and OH so true !!!!!!!!!!!

Wait a second. I fully agree that O probably has lots of others things in his mind, but...

HE WAS READING IT!

He didn't have to think about it at all. What he needed was a staff who took the time to actually engage with George and show some interest in the facts. Somehow I doubt that Hop booked them for this gig by touting that they are an All-Star marching band.

And, imagine, of all those people in the room that one or two of them stumble across a band competition in their local town. They remember "Hey, I saw one of these at the UN and they were great!" They pile the kids in the car, buy tickets, and settle in for an expectation that is never fulfilled.

What has that done for drum corps? Do we want people who are impressed to seek out a marching band competition or a drum corps competition?

Still, way to go George and crew. Great job in a highly visible event.

• Like 1

Wait a second. I fully agree that O probably has lots of others things in his mind, but...

HE WAS READING IT!

He didn't have to think about it at all. What he needed was a staff who took the time to actually engage with George and show some interest in the facts. Somehow I doubt that Hop booked them for this gig by touting that they are an All-Star marching band.

And, imagine, of all those people in the room that one or two of them stumble across a band competition in their local town. They remember "Hey, I saw one of these at the UN and they were great!" They pile the kids in the car, buy tickets, and settle in for an expectation that is never fulfilled.

What has that done for drum corps? Do we want people who are impressed to seek out a marching band competition or a drum corps competition?

(((((Still, way to go George and crew. Great job in a highly visible event.)))))

From the video posted I think they said it was only about 12 members..........that is hardly enough to honestly give anyone a reality check of what a DCI corps is actually like.

That being said, I still think it had to be an amazing experience for those involved, something I wish I could have done when I was marching.......and I fully agree with your last sentence which I marked