What's Next for Pioneer

All seems to be quiet so what is happening? Still World Class? Moving down to Open? Going inactive? What's up?

I'm guessing they will recruit members, write a show, have tryouts and practices during the winter and field a corps which will perform during the summer just like they do every year.

• Like 9

They will be bigger and better and just fine, as always!

The plans for 2012 are still in the works. Watch for staff and program announcements in the coming weeks. A lot of people have reached out to the corps over the past year and offered to help in a variety of ways. The biggest thing is trying to piece all of those people together in a way that is actually beneficial to the corps (i.e. consistent staff on tour, at camps, etc...). We also asked for program ideas from our members, fans and followers and have a lot of great ideas that have been submitted. We're still working through those as we try to prepare a program for our 51st season.

The corps received a lot of positive feedback about our 2011 production and we're happy to report that many of the vets from last year are returning for 2012. Recruiting is in full force throughout the upper midwest (Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana) as we look to build off of last year. We're seeing a lot of activity coming in through the website and have been in touch with every single one of these people who are looking for a place to march.

First Camp:

November 18 to 20

Cudahy High School

4950 S Lake Drive

Cudahy, Wisconsin 53110

Click Here for Info and to RSVP

• Like 1

The plans for 2012 are still in the works. Watch for staff and program announcements in the coming weeks. A lot of people have reached out to the corps over the past year and offered to help in a variety of ways. The biggest thing is trying to piece all of those people together in a way that is actually beneficial to the corps (i.e. consistent staff on tour, at camps, etc...). We also asked for program ideas from our members, fans and followers and have a lot of great ideas that have been submitted. We're still working through those as we try to prepare a program for our 51st season.

The corps received a lot of positive feedback about our 2011 production and we're happy to report that many of the vets from last year are returning for 2012. Recruiting is in full force throughout the upper midwest (Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana) as we look to build off of last year. We're seeing a lot of activity coming in through the website and have been in touch with every single one of these people who are looking for a place to march.

First Camp:

November 18 to 20

Cudahy High School

4950 S Lake Drive

Cudahy, Wisconsin 53110

Click Here for Info and to RSVP

Just putting this out there. Heard that there will be some good changes from our staff last year. But the funny part I'm going to point out is so far as I know, Phantom, Blue Stars, and now Pioneer all have the same weekend for auditions ><

I hold pioneer very close to my heart....some of the best years of my life. That being said, it was a stepping stone in my personal development, which was the purpose of a Div. II or III corps (Now Open Class). I have ZERO problems with a corps wanting to break free of the "We're here to get you to the next level" mentality....BUT...there has to be some level of self awareness. Pioneer sits within a 5 to 6 hour Drive away from four or five other World Class corps currently in the top 12, with even more just a bit further. Making recuritement TOUGH....not impossible, but tough. This ONE reason alone, is why I feel like Pioneer should be back in Open Class. While many don't like to look at it this way.....drum corps, (World class especially) is a business! Would a business man knowingly open up a small mom and pop shop just trying to get their start, right next door to a nation wide chain....I don't think so. You move across town, build your business.....While I'm not implying Pioneer should up and move (Maybe not the WORST idea either)...I'm simply pointing out that maybe it would be best to except their "place" in the grand scheme of things.

As a side note.....I can honestly say I don't know what Pioneer's Foucs is.....are we JUST here to Entertain and have NO care of placement? If that is the case....then who cares what anyone else thinks, and I applaude you! Skip the judges tapes and comments and just perform! But is that real? It seems to me, that it's always easy to claim...."We don't care about winning or losing" when you have ZERO chance of winning. I was a member of that corps when they were winning division II and III....and from what I can tell....the corps "Motto" and mentality hasn't changed.

• Like 1