Cadets2 Auditions - What to expect?

Wasn't the Hinderance the name of the blimp that blew up in Jersey in the late 30s?

Yeah I know don't give up your day job Jimbo....

All I can say to the OP is good luck, let us know how it goes and hope to see you at Anapolis next Labor Day Weekend.

Jim, just a minor point, but the thing that burned in New Jersey wasn't a blimp.

It was a Zippo-lin.

Jim, just a minor point, but the thing that burned in New Jersey wasn't a blimp.

It was a Zippo-lin.

:tongue: I get, I get....

Weird part for me was the week I worked at Lakehurst Naval Base. Asked someone where the Hindenburg went down and he said "Did you see the field by where you parked?.... there!".

:tongue: I get, I get....

Weird part for me was the week I worked at Lakehurst Naval Base. Asked someone where the Hindenburg went down and he said "Did you see the field by where you parked?.... there!".

At least he didn't ask you "How did it look when the Hindenburg went down?" :lookaround:

At least he didn't ask you "How did it look when the Hindenburg went down?" :lookaround:

Well let's see, Mike... Jim and I were standing about a hundred yards away, leaving the line-handling to the younger guys...

Sometimes when I can't find something I use a search engine such as google, yahoo, bing or ask. I'm sure there are more.

I think people are afraid of Cadets2 and the offseason competition is rearing it's ugly head. :music:

Cheers!!!

Olive

So 'ya really think corps like the Cabs, Bucs, MBI, Hurcs and Empire are afraid of a first year corps such as Cadets2? Really??!! You kids need to grow a bit thicker skin...

• Like 1

So 'ya really think corps like the Cabs, Bucs, MBI, Hurcs and Empire are afraid of a first year corps such as Cadets2? Really??!! You kids need to grow a bit thicker skin...

if they arent at least concerned and with a few rethinking their winter they are foolish...Some out of those you mentioned WILL be out of the top five I would think.........................People said the same you just did about Bush when they started and BAMMM...maybe not the 1st year but a whole lot of success ....arrogance, and some ole same ole has been changinging the past several years and it wont get ya anywhere... :smile:

• Like 2

The days of slapping yourself on the back and telling yourself how great u are are over. There are corps out there that are playing the game and adjusting to the sheets and making some moves. I would be worried if I was them.

• Like 2

The days of slapping yourself on the back and telling yourself how great u are are over. There are corps out there that are playing the game and adjusting to the sheets and making some moves. I would be worried if I was them.

Actually, the corps that are playing the game, adjusting to the sheets and making moves, are the corps that should NOT be worried. And BTW, the days of slapping yourself on the back and self congratualtions have been over for at least the past seven years! My point being that corps such as the current top five will not and should not be afraid of more competition. They will either welsome it and adjust or in a few years will not be considered championship caliber.

And to the OP, regarding what to expect at Cadets2 audition....expect to bring your checkbook.

Edited by VOReason

Actually, the corps that are playing the game, adjusting to the sheets and making moves, are the corps that should NOT be worried. And BTW, the days of slapping yourself on the back and self congratualtions have been over for at least the past seven years! My point being that corps such as the current top five will not and should not be afraid of more competition. They will either welsome it and adjust or in a few years will not be considered championship caliber.

And to the OP, regarding what to expect at Cadets2 audition....expect to bring your checkbook.

yes bring your check book......the experience will be worth it im sure :smile:

The only thing that I don't understand is their posted age policy (16-25). Hell, that's almost DCI territory. I realize that DCA membership has gotten younger over the years, but why would they impose that restriction upon themselves when they don't have to? I'm not complaining - I'm just wondering.