The Brigadiers 2012 Official Announcement

HECK YEAH!!!!!

Excellent news!

When the Buccaneers were rehearsing at Medina HS over Labor Day weekend, we had the pleasure of welcoming Scott Mescon of the Brigadiers organization and spending some time with him. When you listened to him describe the efforts he and his colleagues were undertaking to get the Brigadiers organization moving forward and getting a corps on the field, you couldn't help but be impressed by the love of corps and determination of this group. It's wonderful to see that their measured, strategic efforts have put them in the position to announce that the corps is returning to the field. This is great news for the Brigadiers, for DCA and for drum corps fans.

From all of us in the Buccaneers organization, I extend a hearty "Welcome Back!" to the Brigadiers and wish you fair winds and smooth sailing in the weeks, months and years ahead. See you on the field!

This is great news, welcome back

October 9, 2011

Syracuse, NY

The Brigadiers Music Association is pleased to officially announce that the corps will be returning to the competitive field for the 2012 season!!! Under the direction of Ryan Benz, the Brigs have begun design meetings and are close to finalizing the show which will be announced in the coming weeks! The first camp of the 2012 season will be the weekend of December 10th and 11th in the Syracuse area.

If interested in joining the 2012 Brigadiers, visit us at www.brigadiers.com and fill out the "Join The Brigadiers" form today! Also, check out the great article in the October issue of Drum Corps World about the corps' anticipated return!! (http://www.high-velocity-media.com/Magazines/oct_2011/oct_2011.php)

Once a Brig, Always a Brig...

The Brigs competed at (and won) the first drum corp show that I ever marched in (Erie PA - June 1966). I was present at DCA prelims in 1973 as a member of the Hamburg Kingsmen when the Brigs attempted, and failed, to remain a part of DCA. I was present at the first performance when the corps came back from the dead (Dunkirk NY indoor show - 1992?) and I competed against the Brigs in their prime in 2000 as a member of the NY Skyliners. I could not be happier to see this legendary corps back in competition - best wishes for a great 2012.

As a lifetime member of the Brigadiers Alumni and one who was very much involved in the last and most successful rebirth of the Brigs, allow me to wish Ryan and his staff complete success in both the short term and long term.

I just met with a Brig alum moments ago,..............you might know him,............travelling window and door salesman........... :wink: