Some Answered Questions About Cadets2

Saw that. Stunning really.

So either...

A) Other DCA Corps aren't interested in marketing to youth.

or

B) Other DCA Corps don't feel the need to market to youth.

or

C) Other DCA Corps don't understand marketing.

doh.gif

Or D all of the above.

Saw that. Stunning really.

So either...

A) Other DCA Corps aren't interested in marketing to youth.

or

B) Other DCA Corps don't feel the need to market to youth.

or

C) Other DCA Corps don't understand marketing.

doh.gif

Im thinking that during the days of senior corps there was really not much thought or effort put into marketing the corps for the youth. Many corps just took in kids to fill out the line or the kids knew a adult in the corps that brought them along.

Different ball game today. DCA is geared for the youth in the activity. Those under 25. If your going to go that direction you need to be where the kids are at and adjust your marketing strategy accordingly.

I see far too many corps NOT USING the social networking sites effectively. Other media outlets such as texting and phone apps are pretty much ignored or not used to the potential they could or should be.

Edited by camel lips

Im thinking that during the days of senior corps there was really not much thought or effort put into marketing the corps for the youth. Many corps just took in kids to fill out the line or the kids knew a adult in the corps that brought them along.

Different ball game today. DCA is geared for the youth in the activity. Those under 25. If your going to go that direction you need to be where the kids are at and adjust your marketing strategy accordingly.

I see far too many corps NOT USING the social networking sites effectively. Other media outlets such as texting and phone apps are pretty much ignored or not used to the potential they could or should be.

While I agree that DCA is getting a bit more aggressive visually, I don't think the changes thus far imply "youth only".

OTOH I think many DCA corps largely ignored (and continue to ignore) the untapped potential in the youth-segment.

Edited by corpsband

I know in the 80s and 90s, Westshore took marketing to kids seriously and were out at shows a lot.

Now, I will say TOB did have a fee to rent the space, so that may have chased some off. I know some corps maybe didn't want to go several hours from their home base.

Has anybody taken into consideration the amount of people the Cadets will have to deal with missing in the winter months due to WGI? Almost their entire membership is of age to march in WGI, and many of their big players on staff also work with WGI groups. I personally think their "full" weekend rehearsals may eventually lead to a low turnout (especially Saturdays). I'm sure they handle this at the DCI level a lot though,and every other corps that do full weekends (not Sundays) also has this issue. So I'm possibly overacting :)

Oh, and my prediction for 2025 DCA championships

1st place- Cadets2- 129.73- they've tripled the GE score by then, and their show was marched by robots...

2nd place- Phantom Regiment3- 129.72 -Number 2 failed, and they lost due to not wearing the black uniforms.

3rd place- Bluejackets- 128.5- A clever way of not just attaching an exponent to Bluecoats

4th place- Blue Devils F- 128.3- A-E now march in the DCI circuit

5th place- The New York Yankees- 128- They thought they'd also throw their hat into the ring

6th place- Boston Red Sox-127 Couldn't let the Yankees just come here without a fight

7th Place- The Wal-Mart Scouts- 125.45- Madison needed a little sponsorship to pay their copyright fees.

8th Place- The United Rhythm X of Riverside Community College- 125.3 Some WGI guys banded together to start this

9th Place- The Cavalierros- 125.1- Looks like they bought out Hawthorne.....

10th Place- The Philadelphia Eagles- 125.0-They were in second place coming in, but blew it at championships ;)

The Iggles screwed up then??? Nah.... :rolleyes:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Has anybody taken into consideration the amount of people the Cadets will have to deal with missing in the winter months due to WGI? Almost their entire membership is of age to march in WGI, and many of their big players on staff also work with WGI groups. I personally think their "full" weekend rehearsals may eventually lead to a low turnout (especially Saturdays). I'm sure they handle this at the DCI level a lot though,and every other corps that do full weekends (not Sundays) also has this issue. So I'm possibly overacting :)

Oh, and my prediction for 2025 DCA championships

1st place- Cadets2- 129.73- they've tripled the GE score by then, and their show was marched by robots...

2nd place- Phantom Regiment3- 129.72 -Number 2 failed, and they lost due to not wearing the black uniforms.

3rd place- Bluejackets- 128.5- A clever way of not just attaching an exponent to Bluecoats

4th place- Blue Devils F- 128.3- A-E now march in the DCI circuit

5th place- The New York Yankees- 128- They thought they'd also throw their hat into the ring

6th place- Boston Red Sox-127 Couldn't let the Yankees just come here without a fight

7th Place- The Wal-Mart Scouts- 125.45- Madison needed a little sponsorship to pay their copyright fees.

8th Place- The United Rhythm X of Riverside Community College- 125.3 Some WGI guys banded together to start this

9th Place- The Cavalierros- 125.1- Looks like they bought out Hawthorne.....

10th Place- The Philadelphia Eagles- 125.0-They were in second place coming in, but blew it at championships ;)

there's also local circuits for indoor, but many corps deal with that now.

however the rest of this is hysterical