Some Answered Questions About Cadets2

The Cadets2 (pronounced “Cadets Two”) is certainly a new direction for The Cadets and YEA!, and we want to make sure potential members know what to expect from this brand new drum corps. Here are the answers to some common questions about The Cadets2. Read the rest of the article here.

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2011/10/some-answered-questions-about-cadets2/

• 2 weeks later...

The Cadets2 (pronounced “Cadets Twoâ€) is certainly a new direction for The Cadets and YEA!, and we want to make sure potential members know what to expect from this brand new drum corps. Here are the answers to some common questions about The Cadets2. Read the rest of the article here.

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2011/10/some-answered-questions-about-cadets2/

All these posts and pages about Cddets2 and not one mention about right foot step off:)

• Like 2

The "Regional Ensemble" title perturbs me slightly. Not enough to loose sleep over; just slightly.

I just find it interesting that, of all the announcements and marketing material I have seen for Cadets2, this is one of the first articles where "Drum Corps Associates" is actually mentioned. I can sort of understand the "Regional Ensemble" branding if Cadets2 is going to appear more so in exhibition at DCI shows (which is a nice thing)... but I was under the impression their primary focus was to compete in DCA this year. What is the primary focus?

Is it tough to just come out and say- "Hey, we are competing in a Drum Corps circuit other than DCI"?

I guess we will find out soon enough.

The "Regional Ensemble" title perturbs me slightly. Not enough to loose sleep over; just slightly.

I just find it interesting that, of all the announcements and marketing material I have seen for Cadets2, this is one of the first articles where "Drum Corps Associates" is actually mentioned.

Because when you're marketing to kids, especially in the Northeast, the last thing you want to do is talk about DCA. Perception is more important than reality.

youre right about perception BUT it is what it is. THEY CHOSE to go to DCA , so call it what it is.

Well, the article says this...

The corps will perform on the East Coast in the mid-Atlantic region and will be competitive in the Drum Corps Associates circuit.

youre right about perception BUT it is what it is. THEY CHOSE to go to DCA , so call it what it is.

I honestly don't believe it matters at all where they say they are going to compete in their recruiting materials. The emphasis is on C2 and the Cadets organization, not the competitive circuit. If anything, their intention to compete in DCA is the least important facet of the new corps.

It's very possible that if Cadets2 have immediate success in DCA next year, it will do more for DCA than anything else in recent memory from a publicity standpoint.

Edited by Kamarag

Look it's no secret they are doing DCA. hasn't been since day 1. I will say the perception of DCA among younger kids is not nearly what it was 15 years ago when I last marched.

I'm far from one of Hop's biggest fans, but I see nothing wrong with how he has marketed C2

I don't always agree with you, but this time I will.

I'm not saying there is anything necessarily wrong with the way Cadets2 is marketed, but at the same time- the phrase "Regional Ensemble" creates confusion. Their C2 poster is hanging up in one of the band rooms at one of the fall programs I teach and quite a few woodwind players are under the impression this new YEA venture is looking for woodwind players. When I explained what C2 IS, I was asked, "Then why say its an ensemble and not a Drum Corps?"

Splitting hairs- Maybe... Maybe Not.

Is it something I'm loosing sleep over... no. However, if I was a parent considering letting my child participate with C2 this year, I would want the organization to be real clear about what he/she will be participating in.

I also think its a bit of a backhand to DCA to go around promoting a new corps, but not actively mention the circuit your participating in. As a prospective member, maybe I would want to do some research and see what this "Other" Drum Corps Circuit is all about before I spent $1300+ in tuition and fees. Who knows- Maybe I might find another corps closer to me that I would want to march in.

I have attended 4 large USSBA shows this year now and haven't seen a single other DCA corps there, and no mention of DCA in any of the broadcasts over the PA system regarding Cadets 2.

All I'm saying is that, for someone who has made a very successful career in marketing, I think Cadets2 is playing a couple of interesting cards.

As always, the dislike button is conveniently located to your right--------------------------->

:tongue:

Edited by irishbugle

There is a reason you haven't seen any other DCA corps there. They were not allowed to set up recruitment tents/tables.