Some Answered Questions About Cadets2

well...smart decision will be told in time. Like I said, I'm sure they have 112,000 other things more important to them at this time

I suspect it's more along the lines of "we are going to do everything we can to get Cadets2 off to a good start".

If recruiting proves to be a non-issue for Cadets2, perhaps YEA will feel more comfortable allowing other DCA corps to market themselves at USSBA events. But in their inaugural year it's quite understandable for the parent organization to give the new corps every possible advantage.

• Like 2

This whole Cadets2/USSBA/recruiting brouhaha is nothing more than DCA corps left on the outside looking in (or their fans/supporters) whining incessantly. Cadets2 is guilty of nothing more than proper utilization of the resources available to them. NOTHING MORE.

And as a corollary, if DCA Corps X is reliant on recruiting at USSBA shows for survival, they are doing it wrong and shouldn't be there in the first place.

Plus, it is only for a small fraction of the USSBA shows...regionals and champs..shows run by USSBA. DCA corps can and do recruit at band-hosted USSBA shows. Bush had a booth at Hillsborough last night (as did the Raiders from DCI).

I suspect it's more along the lines of "we are going to do everything we can to get Cadets2 off to a good start".

If recruiting proves to be a non-issue for Cadets2, perhaps YEA will feel more comfortable allowing other DCA corps to market themselves at USSBA events. But in their inaugural year it's quite understandable for the parent organization to give the new corps every possible advantage.

I agree 100%

Cadets2 marketing wagon is in full circle. Everywhere I turn on the WWW and social networking sites I run into a video or recruiting tool. Some other corps need to reconsider the whole stealth thing if they expect to keep up with their marketing.

• Like 1

Cadets2 marketing wagon is in full circle. Everywhere I turn on the WWW and social networking sites I run into a video or recruiting tool. Some other corps need to reconsider the whole stealth thing if they expect to keep up with their marketing.

Stealth only works when you're on top and marketing doesn't matter. Cadets2 has done more to properly market their not-yet-in-existence corps than pretty much every other DCA corps combined. And it's going to pay off in a huge way.

• Like 1

Stealth only works when you're on top and marketing doesn't matter. Cadets2 has done more to properly market their not-yet-in-existence corps than pretty much every other DCA corps combined. And it's going to pay off in a huge way.

Well that attitude when you're on top stuff is for the birds. Cadets2 is going to set the pace this season thats for sure. Others are just going to be following.

it's November. No one knows what the season will bring yet, so maybe it's time people stop wigging out about a corps that hasn't even rehearsed yet

I think Reading and Minnesota will be just fine. The rest, however...

Okay, so now that we have the top three spots set in stone (and it ain't even Thanksgiving yet), why don't we just call Hawthorne, the Hurricanes, the Statesmen, Kidsgrove, Renegades, and all the rest and just tell them not to waste all that time, energy, money, fuel, etc.

Now I will go back to my morning coffee - sans sarcasm.