Regiment and Crusaders are going to California in 2012

I don't know that DCI "asked" anyone in particular...I DO know that both SCV and BD were at Boston's home show in Lawrence, MA last August, so it seems fair to reciprocate.

Also, my understanding is that BAC crunched the numbers, and as long as they began their season in CA, the mileage worked out to be very similar to 2011. What makes this work is the western move-in. If they still had "Spring training" in New Hampshire, THAT would have added 3000 miles to tour.

California, here we come!!! WOO HOO! Go Boston! :thumbup:

Craiga..I have a feeling... 'don't know why... that BAC in their encore will play " California Dreamin' " out there (that BAC played in competition several years in the 60's ) Would you say the chances are 99.99% ? ( or higher ? haha )

Edited by BRASSO

Craiga..I have a feeling... 'don't know why... that BAC in their encore will play " California Dreamin' " out there (that BAC played in competition several years in the 60's ) Would you say the chances are 99.99% ? ( or higher ? haha )

I'll take the over!

I am very excited that BAC & Phantom will be coming out west.

However, with all due respect to Phantom, I would have loved to see another corps make the trip to the left coast (Carolina Crown, I am looking at you!). It was great seeing them last year, but if only 2 non-West corps make the trip, it would have been great to see a new face.

I think that California kinda gets the shaft when it comes to drum corps shows. Given the population power of California (see below) I wish that more groups traveled out west.

Fun facts about California

-If it were an independent country, California would rank 34th in population in the world

-One in Eight Americans lives in California

-Three of the top 10 most populous cities are in California (LA, San Diego, San Jose)

-There are more youth in California high schools than the total population of 17 states

-If California was it's own country, it would have the 7th largest Gross Domestic Product in the world

I think it's great anyone is going. Now if we could only get finals back out there...

• Like 2

Well color this West-Coaster excited! The more top world class drum corps we can get out here the better!

It wasn't too long ago that the only Div.1 corps we had to look forward to at every California show was BD and Vanguard. Now with a few Eastern corps visiting every year and the rise of the Western groups (BK, Mandarins, Troop, Pac Crest, Academy), we are being treated to shows with 7 to 8 world class corps with multiple headliners.

Can't wait till Stockton!!! :thumbup:

• Like 2

Will you be be making a similar post to the person who listed the "fun facts"?

What's political about describing California's large population and GDP in support of the idea that corps can make money there?

So...assuming Boston is now part of the G8...does that mean they will train in California...travel to texas for the 1st 2 shows of the summer (assuming DCI does that again) then go back to California for a tour...then gradually work their way East...not so sure that sounds fiscally good...but then again, I suppose that's what SCV and BD do...so why not? I am happy corps are swingin out that way, though...

Maybe Boston will be treated to a rehearsal at Mars :) That would be cool.

Can you imagine BAC coming from their placid digs in New Hampshire to the surface of MARS where it is certain that the skins on their drums and their body's will be taken to the edge of endurance! Hell has no surprise for those that have lived through MARS.....it would be simply light work!! :tongue:

So...assuming Boston is now part of the G8...does that mean they will train in California...travel to texas for the 1st 2 shows of the summer (assuming DCI does that again) then go back to California for a tour...then gradually work their way East...not so sure that sounds fiscally good...but then again, I suppose that's what SCV and BD do...so why not? I am happy corps are swingin out that way, though...

I don't think we should assume that the 1st two shows will be in TX. In fact, the impression I got from the DCI article talking to Boston's director might contradict the 1st show in Texas thing:

Spataro said. “Rather than start in the northeast corner of the country and drive all the way across, we figured that we could just start the summer rehearsing and competing on the West Coast and head east from there.”

Sure I'm speculating just as much as you are; but for whatever reason I'm not confident that at this point the Texas thing to start the year is a lock.

But, this is NOT a political discussion. So I would urge you to edit your comments. Thanks.

I didn't read the other "fun facts' as political. what specifically is political about them? It seems to balance the rose colored fun facts about Cali.

Can you imagine BAC coming from their placid digs in New Hampshire to the surface of MARS where it is certain that the skins on their drums and their body's will be taken to the edge of endurance! Hell has no surprise for those that have lived through MARS.....it would be simply light work!! :tongue:

C'mon man how bad can Mars be? BTW NH is about as placid as Tuolumne where BD used to camp. Maybe they still do.