The DVD has landed

Ah ha. I ordered through the FN too. So the ones that bought it first get it last. :thumbup:

Good times.

• Like 1

Update, got the tracking number and my FN ordered Blu-ray is on UPS truck for delivery today.

• Like 1

what shots are different between the two? and any awesome close ups of that awesome ancient looking gargoyle stuff they have up front? :-D

There is a brief closeup of the gargoyles with the on-field boom camera at the very beginning right before the Angels come out of the tunnel. I believe that was the only one.

what shots are different between the two? and any awesome close ups of that awesome ancient looking gargoyle stuff they have up front? :-D

Yes, in fact, the multi-cam starts out with a close up of that gargoyles stuff.

• Like 1

:tongue:

Finally, the blank screen for madison is obviously the most noticeable intrusion. Some text appears right before the song begins to play that says "video is not available due to copyright considerations". It was definitely weird watching drum corp on a blank screen while music was playing. The video turns on again right when the final note begins. Funny story, my 5 yo son was watching Madison with me and when he asked me "why did the screen go black?" the only answer I could give him that he would understand was "I'll explain it to you when your older". It's almost like he asked me "where do babies come from?"

Anyway, I think they did a great job given the circumstances.

Explain to him that the babies come from being thrown during Madison's shows :tongue:

I ordered my standard DVD with my FN subscription last spring and UPS delivered it today. If the wife thinks there's going to be anything done around the house by me this weekend, she can now forget that :tongue:

Since I just got home, I haven't watched anything yet but that is soon to change!

I don't know why people are still complaining about the Madison edit. If they had cut the audio and left the video, I would get it. But they left the audio and even put the last 10-15 seconds of video up right as the crowd is going bonkers ala 1995 Madison. How much more perfect of a compromise over a legal issue can you get? Personally, I'd rather listen to the audio anyway. Especially with that crowd. It was the most electricity from a crowd that I've witnessed since 95.

Edited by drumcorpsdrummerman2012
  • Like 2

Ah ha. I ordered through the FN too. So the ones that bought it first get it last. :thumbup:

Good times.

I originally ordered the Fan Network/DVD combo. I upgraded to the Blu-Rays for an extra 20 a couple of months ago. Today when I got home from work I had both on my doorstep. I was only charged once but got DVDs and Blu-Rays. I contacted DCI and they have confirmed that I was the third person to get two sets that they know of. I asked for a return label to send the DVDs back.

Having watched the Cadets and Devils I can confirm that they are of very good quality!

• Like 1

I don't know why people are still complaining about the Madison edit. If they had cut the audio and left the video, I would get it. But they left the audio and even put the last 10-15 seconds of video up right as the crowd is going bonkers ala 1995 Madison. How much more perfect of a compromise over a legal issue can you get? Personally, I'd rather listen to the audio anyway. Especially with that crowd. It was the most electricity from a crowd that I've witnessed since 95.

Exactly; I've been a performer/fan/instructor of WGI now for awhile, and I don't think I've ever seen a DVD that has the audio w/the video cut. This was absolutely the best decision Madison/DCI could've made in this situation, and I kinda think it added to the hype going into the back of their season when most of the audience likely knew the closer was pseudo-contrabran (and performed dam awesome as well).

Those of us in Canada have to cross our fingers when DVDs are shipped here.

Tracking stops at the Canadian border. At that point, we have to pray that the postal service has sufficiently fed the sled dogs they use to transport the DVDs - nothing is worse than under-fed sled dogs shredding the DVD packages looking for a decent meal.

LOL, ain't that the truth? :tongue: