DCA Show Cumberland Maryland ?

Hi All,

Back when I marched...there was a great regular season show in Cumberland Maryland.

Anyone out here remember the name (or location) of the stadium ?

Cheers....

I believe the name of the stadium was Greenway Avenue Stadium, on the street in Cumberland of the same name.

That was a great show. I still miss it.

Yeah, it was Greenway Avenue. I marched there three times in High School (yes, I'm a youngster). Great stadium, heck of a hill to march up after a show and to get to a rehearsal spot, though. The stadium is right beside Fort Hill High School.

Edited by Percussion827

have had the priviledge of marching and judging there. always a great crowd.

even better, the hospital is now in a huge facility out by the college, so no more helicopter flyovers during a ballad!

The stadium recently got a pretty big overhaul, as you can see in the picture of the new home stands below. Since finals are in Annapolis the next two seasons, might not be outside the realm of possibility to see a show back here.

CumberlandMDFortHillHS5000.jpg

I'd drive down if they held a show there again

So would I, and I'm from CT! Always loved performing for those folks, so I wouldn't mind sitting and watching a show with them :smile: .

I'd drive down if they held a show there again

I have no idea if this has even been discussed, so this is by no means an official post here... but with the Lewisburg show potentially not being held in 2012 due to the stadium renovations there, wouldn't it be great if Cumberland ran on that date? :thumbup:

• Like 1