Cadets 2012

Really???? Does everything or everyone have to take such a serious PC stance??? It's just a show!!!!

Jeesh. Lighten up. Not everything has to be inclusive does it?(What you don't know is that Hop is planning a WWII Christmas show as depicted from the Nazi standpoint. So, yea, no Jews allowed in his corps! Jeesh.)

No kidding. Nobody said anything about SCV doing a satanic show with pentagrams and "666" last year but THIS is crossing the PC line? WOW! :shutup:

I'm pretty sure that guy was joking... no need to get PC apologist.

• Like 1

Might work - they could call it "Christmas at Sarah Jones' House" and Little Geoffrey could be her grandson except he has a penchant for decorating the Christmas tree with dead squirrels. Guess the demons got to him.

Now that I think of it, maybe "An Amityville Christmas" might be a better concept - that way, they can still use the uniforms from last year.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 1

Now... if they go with the original celebration of Dec 25 and go with the whole pagan thing and the Saturnalia festival or Sol Invictus.... that would be very interesting. Can there be fire on the field?

Jesus (who apparently actually celebrated Hanukkah around that time of year) has very little to do with December 25.

Edited by danielray
  • Like 1

Giftsmas isn't even religious anymore. Anyone worried about religion being pushed in DCI has ignored the glassmen's prayer cycle show. (Let alone angels and demons)

Some of the music is nice, they can do fun things with it. I just don't see this as a championship show. Of course I don't like to say this before I listen to it... but screw it, good luck but if they are trying to win another chamionship then I don't see it with this show

• Like 1

I am very sure they are serious about 12.25. Here is the article from their website.

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=20133&news_iv_ctrl=1002

Take a Gander. =)

Edited by GuardMember#05201989

I think this could be a great show. On a side note, there was something mentioned in the article about use of last year's uniforms? I know some traditionalists will want to crucify me for saying this but I would LOVE to see those uniforms used again. Not sure how they could make it fit the theme but if they could, I think it's an awesome visual effect.

*ducking my head from flying objects" :peek:

It could work...if they dyed the white uniforms dark green. :devil:

• Like 2