Drum Corps Dreams

I'm sure everyone here has had those dreams where you woke up late for ensemble, didn't know any of the show, etc.

I'm still having those!

...naked while in ensemble....

I had a dream that I was at auditions for one corps but had to fly back to Indiana in time for ensemble and our finals show, where we lost to the top three: Mandarins, Pioneer, and Jersey Surf.

But I made the other corps who apparently skipped all of spring training and half of tour, and bussed us over to San Antonio for a free day. And for some reason the free day was the day before the regional, and I felt grossly unprepared not knowing any of the music or drill.

I'm sure everyone here has had those dreams where you woke up late for ensemble, didn't know any of the show, etc.

I'm still having those!

When I was marching - I always dreamed I was late for the show, didn't have my uniform, sticks, drum.

When I was teaching - same kind of thing.....

Clearly - I have self-confidence issues. :tongue:

Mine always goes something like this...

I am at a show and Hop comes running up to me and says "You need to march. Tonight!"

I always say "But I am over 40 now. You're going to get DQ'd."

To which he replies "Don't worry about it. We NEED you. It's an emergency"

So I grab a uniform and a drum and just try to "blend in."

Of course I don't know any of the drill or music. And I totally suck.

I almost always wake up about half way through the "performance." It's always a very stressful dream and when I wake up, I have an immense feeling of relief that it was only a dream.

• Like 1

The only ones I can remember were basically anxiety based, show is starting and I'm in my underwear, you know.....

Edited by BozzlyB
  • Like 2

Mine always goes something like this...

I am at a show and Hop comes running up to me and says "You need to march. Tonight!"

I always say "But I am over 40 now. You're going to get DQ'd."

To which he replies "Don't worry about it. We NEED you. It's an emergency"

So I grab a uniform and a drum and just try to "blend in."

Of course I don't know any of the drill or music. And I totally suck.

I almost always wake up about half way through the "performance." It's always a very stressful dream and when I wake up, I have an immense feeling of relief that it was only a dream.

OK, that's just EERIE. It's like you got into my head. Same dream. Exactly the same dream, down to being too old. Wow. We had some similar experiences marching in Cadets, huh?

OK, that's just EERIE. It's like you got into my head. Same dream. Exactly the same dream, down to being too old. Wow. We had some similar experiences marching in Cadets, huh?

You unlock this door, with the key of imagination, beyond another dimension- a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of MIND, welcome to, the (Dream) ZONE.

• Like 2

...naked while in ensemble....

...and everyone is yelling "Put it on...Put it on!".

Or is that just me? :lookaround:

• Like 1