Madison Scouts 2012

1. SPATS!

2. Red stripe on the Aussies.

3. Red stripe on the sash.

4. Untuck the sash from the pants.

5. Long sleeves.

Thank you.

1. I like the look, but I think they'd get killed by the judges. Something else to give the legs some visual pop would be nice.

2. Concur

3. Concur

4. Meh. Okay as is.

5. Definitely. I've always thought that short sleeves made so much sense for a summer uniform, but they just look -- puny, I guess.

• Like 1

5. Definitely. I've always thought that short sleeves made so much sense for a summer uniform, but they just look -- puny, I guess.

Nah, show off the guns.

:peek:

I do not have a recording of camp or anything like that but a little birdy did tell me that a small chunk of a very popular Madison hit from days past makes a "framed appearance" in the opener. The person I heard this from did not offer which tune it was. But.....

Purely hearsay at the moment. I cannot confirm or deny the info. This "birdy" could have been just playing mind games on me for all I know. I guess time will tell.

Captain of Castille?

Fortunately, with moving to Madison for a teaching job, I can hit Drums on, Whitewater, Cedarburg, DCI MN.....

And with the living situation changing shortly, drum corps partays! :w00t:

Edited by Toby

I was at a full ensemble on Sunday. It was chilly, wet and dreary. We watched the front ensemble for quite a while until the battery joined them, and then eventually the brass. Take this for what it's worth, since I'm only a mom and just a few years into this drum corps addiction, but I thought they sounded great for February. It often takes me a few times of hearing a piece to warm up to it, but I liked this music right away. Not sure if they contracted anyone for the open snare spot, but I know at least one young man auditioned for it. Now I'm sad that camps are headed back to Indiana because I won't get to see the corps again until Julythumbdown.gif.

• Like 4

Fortunately, with moving to Madison for a teaching job, I can hit Drums on, Whitewater, Cedarburg, DCI MN.....

And with the living situation changing shortly, drum corps partays! :w00t:

Lucky! I would give anything to have a few more contests in my area.

• Like 1

Nope, think less symphonic than that. Again, I'm going of of pure hearsay....but....you aren't even in the ball park. :smile:

I would kill somebody to hear Memory again.

• Like 1

Nope, think less symphonic than that. Again, I'm going of of pure hearsay....but....you aren't even in the ball park. :smile:

Remembrance? Because that would be great!

Edited by madalumni
  • Like 3