Madison Scouts 2012

Regarding hype and over-hype. Niether have done much, if anything, to help any Corps. There's a

philosophy that I've tried to adopt lately, and I got the idea from some of the top Corps...and

that is simply "Let the product speak for itself". It seems to work very well for them, and

it works extremely well for me...I've had a noticeable drop in stress since implementing it.

The products wants to speak to me... When I hear the music, i cant help but hear the words: " this is really cool" inside my head. Does that mean the product is speaking for itself, through me? hahaha :blink:

Edited by wompwomp

I think some people are overreacting. I don't see anything that to me resembles "hype" or "overhype" on this thread. All I see is someone who was at a camp who was excited about what they saw and heard making a report. That someone also admitted to being an alumni. Let him have his moment. He's proud of his corps. He's not hurting anything or anyone (including his former corps).

• Like 6

I think some people are overreacting. I don't see anything that to me resembles "hype" or "overhype" on this thread. All I see is someone who was at a camp who was excited about what they saw and heard making a report. That someone also admitted to being an alumni. Let him have his moment. He's proud of his corps. He's not hurting anything or anyone (including his former corps).

Exactly! One happy alumni gave a great camp report. Two consistant Scouts nay-sayers chimed in and one unfortunate Scouts homer took the bait. It's DCP! What did we expect? :thumbup:

• Like 2

Just to be clear, I was not suggesting that his excitement is unfounded or that

there is anything wrong with his post. I'm referring to the many spitting contests

on this board that happen over how Corps "X" will definitely be top 6 (or whatever placement) this year. What happens when it doesn't happen? Like I said, it's better

to sit back and let the product speak for itself...or better yet, It's better to show rather than tell! :smile:

• Like 3

Less than 5 hours for our "SCOUTS HONOR" campaign on IndieGoGo! It's the film we're making about the Madison Scouts. We are thrilled with the donations that have been coming in! Please help us get a little closer in these last hours! Visit our page HERE.

OK Brothers, let’s not get so thin skinned. When someone comes in a thread like this, and wishes the Scouts good luck, let’s thank them instead of kicking them in the nuts. It's a whole new year.

GUARDLING. Thanks for wishing the Scouts well, this Scout appreciates it.

• Like 3

OK Brothers, let's not get so thin skinned. When someone comes in a thread like this, and wishes the Scouts good luck, let's thank them instead of kicking them in the nuts. It's a whole new year.

That sounds really nice on the surface. Just like GUARDLING's well wishing sounds real nice on the surface. However, I see GUARDLING's well wishing as nothing more than lip service when it is sandwiched between very rude and snide statements like "haven't we heard this before" in response to a very innocent report from an alumni at a camp. It's sort of like saying "that chick is ugly but has a really nice personality". The "ugly" part gets taken more seriously and the "good personality" carries little to no clout. You can try to polish a turd (polish being the well wishing and the turd being the snide comments) but a turd is still a turd and carries with it a very gross stench that I for one don't particularly care for.

And by the way, I am not a member or alum with Madison so my skin can be whatever I want it to be. I just don't particularly like how GUARDLING shot Yellowpants down. GUARDLING kicked Yellowpants "in the nuts". It was rude and shows a dislike for the corps no matter how much GUARDLING polishes it with well wishes.

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 2

OK Brothers, let’s not get so thin skinned. When someone comes in a thread like this, and wishes the Scouts good luck, let’s thank them instead of kicking them in the nuts. It's a whole new year.

youre very welcome.....now thats the Scouts Iand others know and admire :thumbup:

• Like 2

How about you take back the snide comment you made to Yellowpants, and I will believe that this along with your well wishing. is sincere. Until then, I don't believe any of it.

Does anyone wish a corps badly? I don't love or even like every drum corps. But I still wish them all well and to have a great season.

Also, I think GUARDLING is right. I don't like hype. Do it if you so choose, but as a marching member it was one of my least favorite things to hear about.

• Like 1