Madison Scouts 2012

As I am up, getting ready for work this beautiful morning in Madison WI, thought I should at least say something about the show last night... to all the kids in all the Corps... WOW!

frikin GO MADISON SCOUTS!

See you all in Whitewater... can't wait...

Edited by thirdcoast
  • Like 1

So, now that the first show is in the books, what are they playing? Please indulge this dinosaur who doesn't use a smartphone.

Those of you who attended last night's show, are there noticeable visual design/fundamental improvements this year? I know that's been a struggle the past couple years, and based on last night's scores that still seems to be the case this year. Rep. score was pretty low...not sure what to think about that. It's still June, I'm aware lol.

I'm very confident with the brass book and the writing thus far. Love it. Robert W. Smith is the man.

Those of you who attended last night's show, are there noticeable visual design/fundamental improvements this year? I know that's been a struggle the past couple years, and based on last night's scores that still seems to be the case this year. Rep. score was pretty low...not sure what to think about that. It's still June, I'm aware lol.

I'm very confident with the brass book and the writing thus far. Love it. Robert W. Smith is the man.

I of course wasn't at the show but their score is nothing to worry about. It's right there where the other big boys started their competetive season.

• Like 2

I think that brass score is where its at, wish i was there because it must of sounded awesome. Toppling bluecoat's strong hornline going after the coats is pretty impressive for the first show.

My two cents...

IMO the drumline is noticably stronger and seems more mature than last year

Drill seems more demanding than the past two years

Brass - I've seem them twice and gotten two completely different reads. In the Whitewater dress rehearsal I heard a few intonation and endurance issues. Last night they sounded much better and these boys are Madison loud!

As others have said, some impact moments could use some tweaking.

Great Gates/company front move from 95 in the closer is going to be a highlight of 2012 IMHO

• Like 3

My two cents...

IMO the drumline is noticably stronger and seems more mature than last year

Drill seems more demanding than the past two years

Brass - I've seem them twice and gotten two completely different reads. In the Whitewater dress rehearsal I heard a few intonation and endurance issues. Last night they sounded much better and these boys are Madison loud!

As others have said, some impact moments could use some tweaking.

Great Gates/company front move from 95 in the closer is going to be a highlight of 2012 IMHO

Awesome! I did notice how much stronger the battery was or, better yet, how much more musical the percussion writing was than in years past. Pit is IMPRESSIVE!!...but maybe a touch too loud. Guard has no choice but to be fierce with Jim Moore and Adam Sage running the show. I'm confident in that helping us out quite a bit.

As I am up, getting ready for work this beautiful morning in Madison WI, thought I should at least say something about the show last night... to all the kids in all the Corps... WOW!

frikin GO MADISON SCOUTS!

See you all in Whitewater... can't wait...

You hit the nail right on the head thirdcoast. It was WOW! A great start to the season for all the corps.

Holy Crap! The Scouts scored higher in brass than the Bluecoats! Not by much but that is such a good sign! I can't wait to see this show! :thumbup:

• Like 4