Madison Scouts 2012

It's there. Just a short little snippet in the mellophone line, I think. Some of the musical references are happening while other things or other melodic lines are happening as well.

It occurs during "The Old Castle" section of "Pictures" and it's hard to recognize because

it contains a minor third in the quote. And right when it ends, you hear another quick quote

of "The Way We Were".

We were at Whitewater and DOP last week. Here's our

that I posted this morning for our documentary about the 2012 Scouts. It gives you a rare, behind the scenes look, and a snippet of the show. If you like what you see please consider a contribution. $38 will get you the DVD once it's produced, and you are giving us a hand to get where we need to, to capture more great footage for the film. Next week we join the corps again to shoot the Cedarburg & Whitewater shows with multiple HD cameras and a 5.1 microphone setup. Half of our trip is paid for. Please take a moment to see what we still need to cover on our production checklist.

Thanks!

Mac (and Tom)

• Like 1

A possible dumb question, but here goes anyway...

In the musical selections listed for this year, "Ice Castles" is listed. I've seen run throughs, the live show in Middleton, and a couple of online videos. I'm not hearing it! Is it there? Might it be added?

Beautiful, classic Madison Scouts tune I really would love to hear!

Found it. Starting at around 6:25 of the last video posted in this thread.

Found it. Starting at around 6:25 of the last video posted in this thread.

Gosh! Had to back it up like 3 times to hear it. Yep - in the mellophones. Thanks!

I do wish it went on a little longer though...

Uploading some pics from Whitewater dress rehearsal. Let me know what you think. I'm a total novice with the photography stuff, but I'm trying to learn.

P.S. Don't quote this post without removing the IMG tags, to keep from quoting the entire 20 pics. Thanks!

04b1f178.jpg

35c5e733.jpg

01d79549.jpg

83595894.jpg

28af85be.jpg

622ce17d.jpg

2bab3cc2.jpg

e9763819.jpg

6fc3dbad.jpg

3b74f979.jpg

30b179fc.jpg

96f726a6.jpg

379364cd.jpg

3396b3b8.jpg

d79563a8.jpg

bead2cd1.jpg

1b408d3e.jpg

f5db7f34.jpg

d41c9780.jpg

238952ce.jpg

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 4

you're new at this photography thing?

I can smell the sunscreen and diesel fumes, hear the voice of the staff over the P.A., sense the pushups being done around me...

great photos!

You beat me to it. If those are what his pictures look like while he's a "novice", he's going to be the most famous photographer the world has ever seen.

Great photos! :thumbup:

Uploading some pics from Whitewater dress rehearsal. Let me know what you think. I'm a total novice with the photography stuff, but I'm trying to learn.

P.S. Don't quote this post without removing the IMG tags, to keep from quoting the entire 20 pics. Thanks!

3396b3b8.jpg

For a novice ya done good; cool you :smile:

haha Thanks, guys (and gals)! 6 months since I bought the camera and started shooting. So yeah, as green as the gator in the pic above with the Scouts logo ^^^^^.

Just now starting to learn some tips and tricks. Editing helps, no doubt. :tongue:

If anyone wants a high quality copy of any of those, I'll be happy to e-mail them. Just let me know which one(s).

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 1