Madison Scouts 2012

Super-impressed with this year's show. While I like innovation, I definitely love my nostalgia...Madison '12 strikes the perfect balance for me.

• Like 1

I totally missed it. :-(

I was thinking a different time zone and only caught the last song of Crown an all of Cavaliers.

You can still go back and watch the webcast.

I totally missed it. :-(

I was thinking a different time zone and only caught the last song of Crown an all of Cavaliers.

You can still go back and watch the webcast.

It's exciting to see that they are doing so well at this stage and let's hope they keep

adding/tweaking/cleaning so that they continue improving and moving up in the rankings

all the way through Finals! Also, I gotta say, I love how that drum line is sounding, both

in terms of how clean they are already playing, and WHAT they are playing. Tasty!

I agree. Drumline has seen a substantial improvement.

I agree. Drumline has seen a substantial improvement.

That snare line is a lot better especially, they're is a few vets and five new guys but those guys are no rookies. I hear they are northcoast snares which is why they seem cleaner earlier, some good stuff.

Just watched the Muncie show on the Fan Network. I love the scout show this year and they have really improved. I think it may be my favorite show this year.

I think the judges have them scored too low. Watched the Cavs show then went back and watched the Scouts show and I would have placed the Scouts at least 3 points ahead of the Cavs. Better show design, better sound, and way cleaner. I think the Scouts are back to being competitive with the top tier of DCI corps and the judges haven't quite caught up to that yet. I really enjoyed the new arrangements they did of a lot of the older pieces they've done before. Malaga, Malaguena, and Pictures at an Exhibition all sound refreshed and modern.

Great to see Madison back in form.

• Like 2

I am loving that the Scouts are making that climb back to the top but have a question ( which I hope is NOT a dumb question). I knew they were doing Pictures but was kinda surprised when Malaguena came out of nowhere. I thought Reframed was a play on Pictures but is it more about re-imaginings of pieces of music from the scouts past?

I am loving that the Scouts are making that climb back to the top but have a question ( which I hope is NOT a dumb question). I knew they were doing Pictures but was kinda surprised when Malaguena came out of nowhere. I thought Reframed was a play on Pictures but is it more about re-imaginings of pieces of music from the scouts past?

It's probably a mixture of the two. DCI show designers have a knack of sneaking in little details that have underlining messages in the shows. It's great.

A little of both. It's a re-imagining of past Scout classics being "framed" by Pictures. At least, that's my understanding. I love how the park-and-blow section of Malagueña just kinda materializes. Yeah, they're hinting at it throughout, but then it just slams you in the face!