Madison Scouts 2012

The synth really isn't that bad live. I've seen them twice now along with all the other corps that were there tonight, and Madison's use of the synth is minuscule when compared to these other corps. It's really pretty negligible live.

Some of us never get to see them live though, so all that we have to go off of is the video viewing, and I'll admit it's a little strong. I wish them the best (Pictures at an Exhibition is a great piece) but with the power of that hornline, you think they wouldn't need to back it up with the amps and synths?

Best of luck to them, the show I feel just needs some clarifying in the transitions and a lot of visual cleaning, and they'll be fine for a Top 8 finish.

And oh yeah, COME TO THE WEST COAST! Please? It would be great to see Madison make the trip out

Edited by fsubone

It does due to waist height differences ... but it's very dark out there now. Needs some sequins or a sash or something. Even a white sash rather than the black would work.

I dont understand why they went from a white to black belt. I also dont understand why they arent wearing SPATS & why they dont include some red in the uni. To be honest, the uni is a little dull.

I dont understand why they went from a white to black belt. I also dont understand why they arent wearing SPATS & why they dont include some red in the uni. To be honest, the uni is a little dull.

I agree with you about the red, that would really make the uniform look great. I think the reasoning behind the spats are the inherent challenges involved with trying to clean a visual program that uses spats. I think that's why they got rid of them in the first place.

I haven't seen any other mentions of "Slaughter on 10th Avenue." At one point, they play a tutti trill, but the melody that follows doesn't happen. I have to think this is an intentional reference, but maybe I'm listening too hard.

I haven't seen any other mentions of "Slaughter on 10th Avenue." At one point, they play a tutti trill, but the melody that follows doesn't happen. I have to think this is an intentional reference, but maybe I'm listening too hard.

I love hearing the opening line of " Ice Castles" going into "The Way We Were", just flows beautifully!

If you post about the spats 87 more times I bet they'll go ahead and start wearing them. :ph34r:

• Like 6

Madison uniforms are classic and not all tooty-fruity like the rest of the corps. I personally like it the way it is...but I think I did prefer the white belts over the black. Why the change? They look good on the field without all the crap.

• Like 3

I've heard the same. I assumed it was something I had just missed before, but yes, it seems like a reference to Slaughter.

I've heard the same. I assumed it was something I had just missed before, but yes, it seems like a reference to Slaughter.

It would make sense, since it's from their first championship year, and they've played it the last two years. And since they're "reframing" classics, it only makes sense to put it in this show, even as just a quote

Chris Komnick explained that the reason for not wearing spats at this time is that the uniform pants are tapered and they are not able to get the pants on over the leggings.