Madison Scouts 2012

Absolutely!

How would that make the visual programs demand more challenging? Spats don't exacly make the drill more effective, it just makes it necessary to have better timing in the feet, which doesn't exactly push the issue of visual content to a higher level.

Look, some judges like the visual program, others don't.

Are we really all going to sit here and talk about 1 aspect of the program, when on any given night they could be much higher or much lower in each category.

Have we forgotten that they beat PR in drums at a show and were in 10th at Minneapolis in the same caption?

misread

Edited by Roark1

How would that make the visual programs demand more challenging? Spats don't exacly make the drill more effective, it just makes it necessary to have better timing in the feet, which doesn't exactly push the issue of visual content to a higher level.

Are we really all going to sit here and talk about 1 aspect of the program, when on any given night they could be much higher or much lower in each category.

Have we forgotten that they beat PR in drums at a show and were in 10th at Minneapolis in the same caption?

I love the spats & think they would help make a pretty dull uniform a little more exciting. The Scouts Navy issue spats were the coolest part of the uni when I wore it. I loved lacing them up before each show. The white belts wouldn't hurt either.

As far as focusing on one aspect of the corps, the visual & marching aspect is the aspect that is in the greatest need for improvement, so yes, they should focus on that.

Edited by FlamMan
  • Like 2

Did anyone get that I was giving the guy #### about his spats obsession? All in good fun. I thought they look great on the old videos (I obviously never saw them in person) but they wouldn't work today.

• Like 5

Beating Phantom in Drums isn't the same this year as the last several, not as big of a notch in their belt as a few years ago.

• Like 1

I watched the recording of the Minnesota show and, boy, were the Scouts ENTERTAINING. The crowd went wild and the Scouts received the loudest response from the audience at that show. I don't know (or care) what "dirty" is but I sure know an entertaining show when I see it.

• Like 4

Beating Phantom in Drums isn't the same this year as the last several, not as big of a notch in their belt as a few years ago.

Thanks for pointing that out genius. We can always count on you! :doh: I'm pretty sure the point is that Madison's drumline has improved. That's all we could ask for in that department.

• Like 5

He never fails to come through in the clutch...

• Like 3