Best Stadium to Perform in?

Is the new East Rutherford stadium not as good as the old Giants stadium???

Planning to go there for the ToC event in 2012.

Madison Camp Randall 2006 with the Alumni project.. the entire crowd was on our side and went crazy!

Allentown... Always a packed house full of appriciation for good drum corps.

Birmingham.. Legion Field always felt close to the crowd.

Whitewater.. because it's Whitewater!

i dont remember many actual performances in the stadiums, i'll give it a go tho...

Allentown- awesome being on the field looking up and seeing what seems like endless rows of people.

LaCrosse- the scenery was pretty awesome backfield

stadiums i didn't really like performing in

Mile High- 2 days to get acclimated is rough and i thought there was a lot of echo for an open stadium. it was pretty awesome performing there tho

anywhere there was a great distance to walk. 2010 san antonio, not the alamodome but some high school, was probably one of the worst venues i've ever performed in but thats another thread...

• Like 1

not much love for domes in here....do love the love Allentown is getting

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me what the name of the stadium was in Portland, OR? I loved performing there in 2007....but also the field was some sort of floor or whatnot? It was very comfortable and made the show seem easy. Not to mention that the Pacific Northwest crowds are AWESOME!!

From an endless stream of people perspective, I have to go with the Rose Bowl. The field itself is another story....but I loved seeing the HUUUUUUGE crowd with one level, in addition to the press box only being 100 feet above the ground. So, with the press box not being high at all, that meant the sound projection had to be good.

But I wasn't a spectator in the Rose Bowl, so someone else can comment on that.

Bloomington... hands down.

I'm with you, the Crew stadium is really nice. The warm-up areas weren't the best, having to deal with a bunch of hills and geese herds.... And last time I marched there, the fair was going on, so it was really busy. But the stadium itself is really amazing, great to perform in, really get close with the fans in the stands.

I completely agree with you. As a spectator I could see the faces of the performers, and they really seemed to respond to the crowd.

How was the grass field to march on? I know you were marching and didn't see this part, but security kept EVERYBODY off that field until the corps marched onto it. There are no staff people, no on-field retreat, no NOTHIN'.

Just marchin'. :cool:

Let's see:

Quincy, MA was a very close to crowd type of show. Even moreso for Bristol, RI, probably the smallest stadium I've ever performed in.

I think I saw CH Collins in Denton, TX mentioned. I agree; the crowd was very close, and it was also my first chance to see corps that ended up placing in the top 5 last year.

Hornell, NY - Great atmosphere for a DCA show, and getting to crash Empire's encore in 2010 was fun!

Hattiesburg, MS - This was probably my favorite outdoor and college stadium. Very loud and close. Always helps if you're "home" in the South.

Georgia Dome - Atlanta, GA - Most of my first live drum corps memories were made here, as well as some great memories as performer.