What's with all the hate for BD

Every corps from Cadets to Pioneer receives criticism. (So do open-class corps.) However, this is the first time I've ever seen a corps supporter count DCP posts in an attempt to prove that his corps is winning some self-contrived criticism contest.

But please, continue....you need to pad this thread's post count. Besides, this is entertaining. BD entertains in so many ways!

• Like 6

...other corps get flack. But not to the extent BD does. When I said I wanted to march Devs, I got SO MUCH flack. In fact maybe only two people among my peers really supported me. Compared to other friends who went and marched Phantom, and when I marched somewhere else last summer, we had the full support of peers. At least with the people I know, Blue Devils definitely aren't exactly a favorite. There definitely is a lot more flack going their way than others, that much seems obvious.

• Like 1

Every corps from Cadets to Pioneer receives criticism. (So do open-class corps.) However, this is the first time I've ever seen a corps supporter count DCP posts in an attempt to prove that his corps is winning some self-contrived criticism contest.

But please, continue....you need to pad this thread's post count. Besides, this is entertaining. BD entertains in so many ways!

Actually the post count was to demonstrate the volatility of the subject matter surrounding the corps in question. And just saying every corps from Cadets to Pioneer receives criticism is, at best, a weak deflection......of course they do....it's drum corps. All corps use buses too.

But if you're convinced that every corps gets it and this is just some "self-contrived criticism", let's put your theory to the test: Pick any corps ("from Cadets to Pioneer") and start the same thread "What's with all the hate for _________?" I'll wait.

HATERS GONNA HATE

I BET THEY ARE GONNA H8T! blink.gif

THAT WAS A DEEP RESPONSE! I LIKE SHOUTING MY RESPONSE TOO.

I'm not sure what exactly this was suppose to mean. Care to shed any new light into it?

Thank you. smile.gif

Actually the post count was to demonstrate the volatility of the subject matter surrounding the corps in question.

Post count doesn't equate to volatility. For instance, check out the photo thread in the historical forum. Over 20,000 posts....not volatile.

And just saying every corps from Cadets to Pioneer receives criticism is, at best, a weak deflection......of course they do....it's drum corps. All corps use buses too.

But if you're convinced that every corps gets it and this is just some "self-contrived criticism",

(just so you understand, I said "self-contrived criticism contest"....the "contest" is the self-contrived part)

let's put your theory to the test: Pick any corps ("from Cadets to Pioneer") and start the same thread "What's with all the hate for _________?" I'll wait.

So you are seriously inviting us to hate-bait other corps, just to prove a point?

Pick any corps ("from Cadets to Pioneer") and start the same thread "What's with all the hate for _________?" I'll wait.

Ok, Plan. Yes.... BD is the most "hated" corps out there....

... today.

You win. Bravo.

Go back 3 or 4 years on DCP and you wouldn't even need to ask the question because virtually every thread on the front page had to do with narration or Hopkins or hash marks. BD is the current lightning rod for a variety of reasons that you obviously do not agree with.

Edited by chaddyt

Ok, Plan. Yes.... BD is the most "hated" corps out there....

... today.

You win. Bravo.

Go back 3 or 4 years on DCP and you wouldn't even need to ask the question because virtually every thread on the front page had to do with narration or Hopkins or hash marks. BD is the current lightning rod for a variety of reasons that you obviously do not agree with.

That's all I was saying. And yes, I was in the stands in 2007, when my kid marched BAC and I remember the crap Cadets took....being new to DCI it made me sick. And then finals at the Rose Bowl...not a very good moment for DCI fandom. So I get your point.

Post count doesn't equate to volatility. For instance, check out the photo thread in the historical forum. Over 20,000 posts....not volatile.

(just so you understand, I said "self-contrived criticism contest"....the "contest" is the self-contrived part)

So you are seriously inviting us to hate-bait other corps, just to prove a point?

You know very well what I meant about "volatile"....get real! Historic photo threads are not a comparison to this thread in any shape or form. And concerning your last remark: My point was proven when I posed the suggestion, which any casual DCP'er knew instantaneously ...wasn't going to happen. But do it if you like, bait away.....what's that comment you said earlier? Oh yeah,"this is very entertaining".

I don't hate BD.

I happen to dislike more than a few of their shows, and sometimes I'm puzzled by this and that caption result. There's some envy in there, too, for their consistency, especially since I'm a homer for a corps that's usually very competitive with them.

Pretty human.