What's with all the hate for BD

everyone hates a winner..especially if the streak goes on for years

True for say the MLB NY Yankees.... Not true for say NASCAR 5 time in a row champion Jimmy Johnson and his team. The difference is the arrogance permeated by the Yankees and the humbleness shown by Johnson. Show me one person who really hates, I mean hates, David Robinson or Tony Dungy; you can't. Many people might not like them as sports figures, but they do not receive hate. Therefore, most people hate an overbearing, in your face, arrogant winner. That I would agree with.

• Like 2

The fact that it did not pass was a due to a massive revolt against the G7 by the other member corps; Gibbs and Hopkins did not, and have not, miraculously changed their minds; nor have they apologized for their self-righteous arrogance. They would, in a heart beat, attempt to implement the thing tomorrow if they thought they could accomplish that task. For those reasons, forget and forgive should not be in our vocabulary until redemption is sought by them, or those directors will attempt to blindside us once again.

unfortunately / fortunately...which ever side of the coin one is on I truly believe that one day and soon some version of the G7 thing will take place. As newer generations take over things as they did with us will change and evolve...if we like that or not. who it leaves behind or not. We evolved from those who came before us and we left a ton behind. It may happen again like that...time will tell.

unfortunately / fortunately...which ever side of the coin one is on I truly believe that one day and soon some version of the G7 thing will take place. As newer generations take over things as they did with us will change and evolve...if we like that or not. who it leaves behind or not. We evolved from those who came before us and we left a ton behind. It may happen again like that...time will tell.

But... it was *not* the newer generation who created and promoted the G7 proposal. It was the old guard of Gibbs, Hopkins, Fiedler, DeGrauwe, etc... who went for the power grab.

• Like 1

But... it was *not* the newer generation who created and promoted the G7 proposal. It was the old guard of Gibbs, Hopkins, Fiedler, DeGrauwe, etc... who went for the power grab.

to push what they feel the future of the activity is...those of position in most activities drive the activity..i guess either way

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 4

True for say the MLB NY Yankees.... Not true for say NASCAR 5 time in a row champion Jimmy Johnson and his team. The difference is the arrogance permeated by the Yankees and the humbleness shown by Johnson. Show me one person who really hates, I mean hates, David Robinson or Tony Dungy; you can't. Many people might not like them as sports figures, but they do not receive hate. Therefore, most people hate an overbearing, in your face, arrogant winner. That I would agree with.

very common in our activity...same in the WGI winter programs

to try to entrench themselves as the only game in town by killing off the rest.

ok...just as many leaders of our activity have done the same for years. people act like this is something new in our activity....it isnt at all..power struggles have always been there.. the elite have always been there..maybe different players. but its been there. Not by any means saying its right..just thats it always been there.

Edited by GUARDLING

to try to entrench themselves as the only game in town by killing off the rest.

I would have respected the directors of the G7 if they had done what the Combine had done in 1972; would have disagreed with them, but would have respected them. But for some reason (ie need for DCI branding, money, identity) they did not splinter off into a different independent organizational series. However, I do know one thing, they did not back down and stay in DCI out of altruism.

This is for Big Bad Bari: For the record, I love the BD on-field quality. I adore their high execution and agree that they have earned and deserve each and every title. So, for me, my beef is a Gibbs issue not a BD issue.

Edited by Stu

I would have respected the directors of the G7 if they had done what the Combine had done in 1972; would have disagreed with them, but would have respected them. But for some reason (ie need for DCI branding, money, identity) they did not splinter off into a different independent organizational series. However, I do know one thing, they did not back down and stay in DCI out of altruism.

the combine initially were looked at in favor but soon after were called the same as those who want the power now. If the internet exsisted in 1973/ 74 you would have heard just as much negative talk about the DCI founders as you here about the G7 ers today

many people today still believe those founders killed drum corps and are still passionate about that

Edited by GUARDLING