A money making suggestion to DCI

I've read a few topics in the last month or two when posters for one reason or another have mentioned CDs that are no longer available to buy from DCI.

E.g. the echos CDs... artistry in brass/percussion etc. There must be a new market out there for these types of product.

A bit like how Disney release their classic movies in 7 year cycles... i.e. sell them to parents for a new generation of kids.

Not just CDs, no longer available DVDs & classic tshirts I suspect would also sell.

Just a thought.

• Like 3

I've read a few topics in the last month or two when posters for one reason or another have mentioned CDs that are no longer available to buy from DCI.

E.g. the echos CDs... artistry in brass/percussion etc. There must be a new market out there for these types of product.

A bit like how Disney release their classic movies in 7 year cycles... i.e. sell them to parents for a new generation of kids.

Not just CDs, no longer available DVDs & classic tshirts I suspect would also sell.

Just a thought.

I'd personally love to see DCI do what WGI does with the 'Fan Favorites:' have fans vote on their favorite Finals performances (kind of like what they did for the theaters) and put the top 6 (single) or 12 (Double) on a 'Fan Favorite' DVD. I don't recall if DCI offered DVD's of those fan favorite theater line-ups, but if so maybe they can bring those back like your'e saying.

I'd also like to see DCI do what WGI used to you: give fans a set number of shows to make their own favorite, on-demand DVD mix. Even if DCI charged the same/slightly more as the legacy DVD's I think it would be a way for DCI to make money on "old stock," so-to-speak that they're not making now. I guess fans can do that now via Fan Network but I've never bought any audio or video performance downloads and don't know how easy it would be for the average fan to put together their own video mix dvd. I'd be more inclined to buy multiple 'mix' DVD"s, as well as 'Fan Favorite' DVD's (I have all of WGI's percussion Fan Favorite DVD's).

I'd personally love to see DCI do what WGI does with the 'Fan Favorites:' have fans vote on their favorite Finals performances (kind of like what they did for the theaters) and put the top 6 (single) or 12 (Double) on a 'Fan Favorite' DVD. I don't recall if DCI offered DVD's of those fan favorite theater line-ups, but if so maybe they can bring those back like your'e saying.

I'd also like to see DCI do what WGI used to you: give fans a set number of shows to make their own favorite, on-demand DVD mix. Even if DCI charged the same/slightly more as the legacy DVD's I think it would be a way for DCI to make money on "old stock," so-to-speak that they're not making now. I guess fans can do that now via Fan Network but I've never bought any audio or video performance downloads and don't know how easy it would be for the average fan to put together their own video mix dvd. I'd be more inclined to buy multiple 'mix' DVD"s, as well as 'Fan Favorite' DVD's (I have all of WGI's percussion Fan Favorite DVD's).

that would be a great idea.

as for older cds.....it depends on if the market is there for them. if they have none in stock, it'd make no sense to make more if there is no demand.

An initial trial run to test the water would make sense but I do think they're missing out on $$$.

Kids that couldn't afford to buy when they marched, fans that drifted away from DCI for a few years but have returned, fans who were around and thought "I'll buy that soon" then forgot etc.

DCI products would be a start but the member corps could easily join in.... the old red SCV drumline tshirt would be a great example which sold out when re-released recently.

Retro sells!

An initial trial run to test the water would make sense but I do think they're missing out on $$$.

Kids that couldn't afford to buy when they marched, fans that drifted away from DCI for a few years but have returned, fans who were around and thought "I'll buy that soon" then forgot etc.

DCI products would be a start but the member corps could easily join in.... the old red SCV drumline tshirt would be a great example which sold out when re-released recently.

Retro sells!

I believe some corps copy wright their t-shirts(I believe cadets do ) so this wouldnt be a DCI thing but an individual corps thing..........not sure

Ditto!

As far as A/V products go, Fan Network fills that niche, I think. If you're already willing to spend $30 on a custom DVD, you can do the same and just download the videos directly. (Of course, awareness of DCIFN is fairly low, I think, but that's another discussion.)

I would love to see more "retro" themed clothing, though. I just wonder how the rights to certain names works out. Especially if you're doing a corps that's still around - does DCI get the money, do they split with the corps, etc?

Mike